Unthread MMS Messages/Phone numbers can be seen when sending to Multiple Recipients

roock75

Reaction score
When I send a pictures/MMS message to multiple recipients at one time, they all can see everyone's number that I'm sending the message to. Some people will respond and the their response goes to everyone which cause me to recieve a call from one of my contacts asking who is this person that they know nothing of.

Can you send a picture/MMS and have the option to unthread the message? You can do this with standard text messages by going to message settings and then to Thread group conversations and turn it off. This works perfectly for standard text messages as it will send a seperate message to each individual contact you selected when chosing multiple contacts. If this same option would work for picture/MMS messages that would resolve my problem. Is there an after market application that will do this? If not, can this request be placed on the development table for a future enhancement? MMS messages sent to multiple contacts should have an option to work with the same like functionality as blind copy (BCC) does when sending email.

Please help!

Thank you,
roock75​

warrior21

Reaction score
That has been happening when I receive a forwarded message from someone else. I use gosms but never had that issue on my D1

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I don't have any problems with this when using Handcent.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

radon

Reaction score
Im late to the party, I know. Any resolution on this? I tried Handcent, which will send split thread (or bcc) SMS messages to multiple recipients. But with the same option checked, a group MMS is still treated like a cc message, where each recipient can see all other recipients, and any phone which defaults to reply-all will indeed send replies to all of them. Where are all the geeks like me who care about these details!?

I'm going to want to send my newborn baby picture message to about 30 friends when he arrives, but I know they're not going to want to see everyone else's replies! And there's no way I'll have time to send 30 individual picture messages in the hospital room between diaper changes and much needed naps!

radon

Reaction score
Ok I found an app that will send group messages without showing the recipients list to the recipients. You'd probably never have guessed, but the app is VZMessages by Verizon.

It's not a perfect messaging app... I'll probably go back to the stock text messaging app and just keep VZMessages for this specific purpose. It limits group messages to 20 contacts, it doesn't acknowledge contact groups in your phone contacts. But it will bcc your MMS messages!

whomhead

Reaction score
Im late to the party, I know. Any resolution on this? I tried Handcent, which will send split thread (or bcc) SMS messages to multiple recipients. But with the same option checked, a group MMS is still treated like a cc message, where each recipient can see all other recipients, and any phone which defaults to reply-all will indeed send replies to all of them. Where are all the geeks like me who care about these details!?

I'm going to want to send my newborn baby picture message to about 30 friends when he arrives, but I know they're not going to want to see everyone else's replies! And there's no way I'll have time to send 30 individual picture messages in the hospital room between diaper changes and much needed naps!
Why not use social media to share the pics? Instagram, FB or Twitter would be perfect for this type of sharing.

radon

Reaction score
whomhead said:
Why not use social media to share the pics? Instagram, FB or Twitter would be perfect for this type of sharing.

I appreciate the suggestion, but then both sides of the family will complain "We had to see the first pics on Facebook!? I thought we were more important than that!"

:)