All Texts disappeared ! help!

Zaraki921

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I'm running the latest Cyanogenmod on my Motorola droid and all of my texts have disappeared. This has never happened before. the last time i saw them all my messaging app force closed. I had somewhere around 2,000 texts in one thread, and that's it, i had been deleting the other threads. I use SMS backup but didn't restore texts from yesterday.

My question is, is there any possible way to go into the folders and find the actual data of the texts? and then restore them from the root of the sd card? i found this potential location " /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/mmssms.db " but i can't find it in Astro.

thanks all for your help in advance.

prman

Reaction score
All texts gone!

Hello,

Well this is a first for me. My phone suddenly deleted all my SMS/MMS messages. The messaging app is empty! I just searching on google and apparently other people have this problem as well. This just seems really crazy to me. Just deleted! All messages gone.

I wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem and if they were able to recover the messages. I had not used a SMS backup program. Honestly I never thought my phone would delete all my messages. I've never had a phone delete messages unless I asked it to. I hate it when a new technology/device takes us backwards and doesn't work as well as the older tech. Am I sounding old here?

Anyways.. I was hoping I could get the messages back. Also does anyone know if this bug is fixed in a later version of Android? I am running CM 6.1.2 (2.2.1) on the Droid 1.

Thanks!

-Peter