Recent battery drainage problem - Droid X

doowopper

Reaction score
I have a Droid X running Android version 2.3.3. My battery run-time has gone down about 50% over the last week. I have three batteries and this drop occurs with all three. Now, I get about 6 hours of run-time per battery before I have to switch to a new battery or charge the battery in the phone. I have not changed any of my settings or added any apps in the last week. Blue-tooth, WiFi and GPS are off. The brightness on my display is set for about 30%.

Main Battery Usage is as follows:
com.motorola.service.ma 45%
Phone idle 19%
Cell standby 14%
Display 12%
Android OS 4%

What could be causing this sudden decrease in battery run-time and how do I correct it?
Thanks.
Richard

OP
D

doowopper

Reaction score
I originally may have put this post in the wrong section so I am reposting it here. Sorry about that.

I have a Droid X running Android version 2.3.3. My battery run-time has gone down about 50% over the last week. I have three batteries and this drop occurs with all three. Now, I get about 6 hours of run-time per battery before I have to switch to a new battery or charge the battery in the phone. I have not changed any of my settings or added any apps in the last week. Blue-tooth, WiFi and GPS are off. The brightness on my display is set for about 30%.

Main Battery Usage is as follows:
com.motorola.service.ma 45%
Phone idle 19%
Cell standby 14%
Display 12%
Android OS 4%

What could be causing this sudden decrease in battery run-time and how do I correct it?
Thanks.
Richard

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like it could be a stock system app that keeps running. Are you rooted?

skennelly

Reaction score
Try charging the phone completely. With the charger still plugged in, pull the battery out. In a few seconds you'll see a picture of a battery with a question mark in it. Put the battery back in, the icon will start at 5% and eventually go up to 100. Take it off the charger, power it back on, and see if that helps. If so, you might have to do that for each battery.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

skennelly

Reaction score
Check your other thread, there are a couple replies.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try what skennelly said. But normally display should be the highest, not system.

OP
D

doowopper

Reaction score
>>Try what skennelly said. But normally display should be the highest, not system.<<
If the system should not be the highest, is there anything I can do about it?
Thanks again.
Richard

OP
D

doowopper

Reaction score
Problem solution

I found the culprit to my problem. When I clicked Settings>Battery & Data Manager>Battery Usage>com.motorola.service.ma, I discovered that Microsoft Exchange Services was listed as an included package of com.motorola.service.ma. I then remembered that I had recently turned on "Data Push" for my Microsoft Exchange based email. I then unchecked "Data Push" in the email settings for my Microsoft Exchange based email so that my phone used the "Data Fetch" schedule. After about 12 hours, I checked the Battery Usage settings of my phone. The.com.motorola.service.ma item went from about 45% battery usage to about 8%. My battery life returned to normal.
Richard