Does this seem like normal battery life?

raven1911

Reaction score
Took off full charge at 9am. By 3pm I was at 30% battery having 50 min of conversation/voice calls, 19 text messages, zero internet and games. By 6pm my battery was warning me at under 15%. Use told me standby @ 37%, display @ 12%, phone idle at 25%, android os @ 9% and rest of the stuff @ 5% or lower. I just don't get it my battery was gone in 9 hrs with light use IMO. Before the update I had much better battery life. I just wanted to see if I was being unreasonable before I decide to exchange my phone/battery.

ezeddiekun

Reaction score
That does not sound nromal to me. After the update my phone lasts about 14 hours while having music on for a few hours and moderate use of internet/texting. Ill also have 30% left after the 14 hours. But I tuned my background lighting to the lowest.. after the update my battery life increased dramaticly..

jasonb

Reaction score
i think i get pretty good life out of my battery.

JayMonster

Reaction score
I undock my phone at 5:30 in the morning and I am (on a typical day) re-docking it at 15% around 8PM at night. That is with 3-4 hours of music and/or podcasts, anywhere from 5-10 calls, and a lot of web browsing.

Now I have, when traveling to areas with a really weak signal been down to 15% by 1PM. The constant attempting to find a signal doesn't actually show in the battery reports, but the drop in usable time in those cases is clearly significant.

Redls1bird

Reaction score
what other programs do you have running/installed? some are notorious battery hogs. Locale and Where? will kill my battery quickly. Also, do you leave wi-fi enabled? that cuts my battery life in half, even with zero use. Try cutting your screen brightness down as well. I knock it down till it starts getting hard to read, then bump it up one.

scully

Reaction score
I take my phone off the charger around 7AM. When I plug it back in around 10PM it is around 40-50%. This is with 5-10 short phone calls, maybe 20 texts, and around 30 mins of web browsing.

OP
raven1911

raven1911

Reaction score
I am just not getting this. My screen is turned down, wifi off, BT off, gps off and still get crappy battery. I absolutely didn't have this before the update. Do you all think trying to reinstall the manual update might work?