Normal Battery Life

bL33d

Reaction score
Mine was pretty good b4 def on par maybe alittle better then my iphone 3gs was. I just installed advanced task killer and setup auto kill every hr and installed overclock widget that wont oc but does allow you to underclock ur cpu when in sleep.

I tested with pi benchmark and underclock deaf throttles cpu down so i think this is gonna increase my battery quite abit. Have it set to 550mhz normal and 128mhz when in sleep/screen off.

OP
L

lyme

Reaction score
Update:

I turned off the WiFi and I was able to get through the whole day and charged it around 9PM when the phone was at 15%.

My call log shows 42 minutes of talk time. I probably sent about a dozen text messages and emails during the day.

Reaction score
my battery life used to be good now i am noticing the same type of quick drain. not sure what its from.

Smokeyham

Reaction score
"Phone Idle" - High Battery Use

For me "cell standby" and "phone idle" use a TON of battery life =\

I'll wake up between 8 and 9am and most of the time by 12am my phone is in the red and on the virge of shutting off. This is with GPS off, WiFi off, and screen on the lowest brightness setting. I'll check the battery usage when this happens and "cell standby" will be like 60% of the battery life with "phone idle" another 20-30%.

I've read before and think the culprit really is the signal strength. While I don't actually use the phone much during these periods (1 voice call max and maybe a couple texts), I do get a lot of email updates. Outside of that the only apps that would be updating would be weather bug and sportstap. I do notice at home that I typically only have 2-3 bars of service and even dropping to 1 bar and 1x at times.

Moral of the story is not so perfect signal = terrible battery life. That's at least what I'm chalking it up to. I'm eagerly awaiting an extended life battery.

Thanks for posting this.

I have also just developed the same problem. I checked my battery usage and found that "Phone Idle" used 27% of the battery, and "Cell Standby" used 21% of the battery. I use an extended battery, and now that won't last through the day.

This is a new problem, and seems to have occurred after I installed, and then removed, K9 Mail app.

Does anyone know if there are some settings which I should check which could help with these two battery drainers?

Thanks.....

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Any app with a mobile data/apn/3g toggle will probably save you juice. I keep my 3g off at all times unless I have to use it. If I'm on the road I still get calls and texts and if I'm home I'm on wifi. After I started disabling 3g for over half the day I doubled the life of my battery. That's just me but I'm in a rural area so searching for 3g wears my phone out.

~ DroidForums.net App ~

Smokeyham

Reaction score
Searching for a signal and drained battery

Any app with a mobile data/apn/3g toggle will probably save you juice. I keep my 3g off at all times unless I have to use it. If I'm on the road I still get calls and texts and if I'm home I'm on wifi. After I started disabling 3g for over half the day I doubled the life of my battery. That's just me but I'm in a rural area so searching for 3g wears my phone out.

~ DroidForums.net App ~
Thanks... I am in an urban area most of the time, but I know when I am in a rural area my phone can drain very quickly as it searches for a non-existent signal!