Facebook App Causing Battery Drainage?

SEGA

Reaction score
I have noticed sense updating my phone for both 2.2 and Facebook, that my phone needs to be charged constantly.

Last night I went to ed with 85% charge, I white kill everything except certain things like Facebook, when I woke up my battery was almost dead?

Android 2.2 Froyo Battery Drainage Apparently Caused By Facebook App

Eric Calouro | Aug 05, 2010 | Comments 6
partial-wake-lock-android-facebook.jpg
With reports mounting that since the Android 2.2 Froyo update arrived, something has been quite simply murdering battery life on Droid devices. Automatically, users assumed the worst, blaming Google’s Froyo update.
But some in-depth testing carried out by GeekFor.Me appears to show another culprit drinking your battery juice. Recall that on the day many Droid users were updating, Facebook had released an improved Android application. That update is the apparent cause of battery drainage issues, says GeekForMe’s ‘flipz’.
It’s all thanks to a little feature called “partial wake lock” which continues running processes while you think your device is fast asleep. Facebook has yet to make an official announcement, though it would appear as if users’ battery issues will continue until Facebook issues a patch.
More information coming soon.​

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
This seems like it was fixed with the 1.3.1 so I wouldn't worry.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

BLeClair12

Reaction score
Yeah, as previously mentioned, a user recommended that I update Facebook upon installing 2.2. I wasn't noticing a battery issue yet, but the phone was heating up quite a bit.

I went ahead and installed 1.3.1 and haven't had a heat issue since, nor any noticeable difference in battery. My phone has been up and running since 8:30 this morning, and after some moderately light use, I'm still in the 90% range.