Receiving a replacement Razr Maxx from VZ due to a defective proximity sensor

bocabean

Reaction score
I am curious to know if anyone else has had to have Verizon replace their Razr Maxx due to a defective proximity sensor. Often when I terminate a call in which I have held the phone to my ear (no bluetooth, speaker, etc.), upon terminating the call, the phone has taken on a life of its own, rapidly jumping through unrelated screens. I never have these issues when using a BT headset, head phones, or speaker.

I have tried resolving this a number of times with fdr's, clearing the cache from the recovery screen after the call, but none of these steps have ever completely eliminated the problem.

So if you have had a similar experience and received a replacement phone, were you satisfied with the replacement? My understanding is that the replacement will be a "like new" Maxx, especially because the phone is now EOL. Maybe I will be lucky and it will arrive with JB already loaded. Whether it does nor not is secondary for me, as long as Webtop 3.0 is still loaded.

I hate having to trade a known problem for a potentially unknown problem with someone's refurbished return, but I suppose that there is no other option.

Does anyone think that the JB update would resolve this issue or is it likely just a hw issue. (BTW, the phone is stock, never rooted).

Thanks

'Bean

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Sounds like a hardware problem which will (usually) not be fixed with an update to the OS.

Are you using an aftermarket charger or the OEM one that came with your Razr? I have read posts about unusual screen input after using aftermarket chargers.

David

OP
bocabean

bocabean

Reaction score
Strictly OEM. I am estimating that by Tuesday, I should have the replacement.