Reboots getting worse, more frequent for anyone else??

bailman

Reaction score
I have done 4 factory reset so far over the past month. Things were a little better with resets happening only once every other day or so. I had the constant sync issue for a day, and since yesterday I have had 7 reboots that I am aware of. This is really getting old...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got my phone the day the TB came out. I can count TWICE since I've owned this phone that it rebooted on its own. I haven't seen it happen in well over a month now. I'm rooted and using dosBAMF for my ROM.

zwegan

Reaction score
I have had mine for about a month.

I did the OTA update the day it came out and I haven't had a single random reboot yet.

OP
B

bailman

Reaction score
Since posting this, my phone has rebooted twice!! This is horrible.

tondraj

Reaction score
I've noticed mine is getting worse as well. It happens the most when I'm in Navigation mode and it's happened pretty much daily to every other day. Tonight it freaked out on me - i was at ~40% power and a half hour later the phone just shut off completely. I also had trouble syncing the other day. Now that I think about it, this phone's problems have been getting worse. hopefully they send us a fix soon because i really do not want to trade it in for a refurbed unit.

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
all devices are different but i called verizon today about my reboots and the tech dude had me do a factory reset and said if i still have them they will replace my phone. since its in their system now.

tbolt1125

Reaction score
I have only a few reboots I can count but this ota update killed my battery for some reason I get about 2 less hours than before

sent from the bolt

lockman

Reaction score
I've noticed three or four so far today. Keyword being noticed. Battery life is better with 4G off, but I get more reboots. Go figure.

Sent from my brain using my fingers.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When your phone reboots it kills 5% to 10% battery life so if you noticing your phone battery life dropping like a rock it could have been going through a random reboot while in your pocket or sitting to the side. I rarely have random reboots but I still do. Das bamf was built off the leak ota it's still capable of a random reboot though rare. I had one of my rare reboots happen in my pocket and the other when I was using the VZW mobile hotspot app.

sent from droidforums app

bernardino5

Reaction score
Hey same here das bamfs remix while trying to use the speed test app

cyates

Reaction score
I've been using Bootlog Uptime from MuMu21. Market Link here. or http://t.co/dZDSwTL

Since May 21 I've had 15 reboots and only one that I caused by restarting the phone. As far as I can tell they are completely random. 3 days and 17 hours is the longest uptime and 9 minutes is the shortest....sigh.

I really like the phone but the reboots are real downer.

edit: Oh, I'm rooted and stock MR1 (recent OTA leak) with much of the bloat frozen with TB.

mitchb2

Reaction score
Just rebooted again. Piece of garbage. I hope htc gets the Crap sued out if them.

screamin

Reaction score
Agreed, this phone is becoming more of a pain in the ass than anything. Ive had mine since day 1 and the reboots are 2-3 times a day that I can tell. Just did it a while ago. What the hell causes that? Frustrated.

stopswitch

Reaction score
This is exactly why I never updated to the new radio. Right when the radio came out people started having issues with random reboots. So I decided to wait on the sidelines before flashing the new radio. Then boom, verizon is releasing a new OTA update which so happens to be the radio that was leaked. So what happens? Now you got all kinds of people getting random reboots. Verizon is stupid to have not looked at the dev community to see the type of issues that were going on with their new radio software. Well I got my thunderbolt on launch day, haven't had one single reboot yet. Running the original radio with virusrom. My LTE is always on, I always got fullbars and good data connection. Battery goes all day, I see no need to update to gingerbread yet until these issues get worked out.