Really hoping it's not a brick...

Lukerative

Reaction score
Hello Dedicated Community,

I was just in the middle of a phone call, and because my battery was dying, I plugged my phone into my computer. All was fine and dandy, until all the sudden the "device removal" warning popped up on my comp, then the call went dead. I haven't been able to get a response from my phone since. Screen is black, holding buttons don't work. Pulled both battery and SD card, have waited, and nothing except a green light when I plug it into the computer, but the comp doesn't recognize it as plugged in either.

Some details: My phone was rooted using the "Simple root" way posted here earlier (sorry too lazy and freaked out to look up a link). Also, my phone was in USB Storage mode, being in the call, I didn't think to switch it over. Hooked up to a Mac.

I feel like all I do is take and take from this awesome community, and I hope to one day return the favor, but if anyone has any ideas as to what happened or a way to fix it I would be super gracious. Thanks!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Pull the battery out for 30 seconds. Reinsert the battery and attempt to access the bootloader. If the device won't power up then you're most likely dealing with a dead battery. Do you have access to another X, external battery charger, or secondary battery? If not, are you comfortable butchering a non-Motorola USB cable of any end size and shape?

OP
L

Lukerative

Reaction score
It was charging earlier in the day. Happening now, at this very moment:

My phone started, turned on, half-booted, recognized it was plugged in, then restarted again. Now is booting but is recognizing that its plugged to a power source. The lightning bolt symbol is there, but the battery is not going up.

I left the phone plugged to the computer... maybe it didn't charge like it was supposed to. I saw it have the lightning bolt symbol when i first plugged it in while on the call, but maybe ... I'm thinking that it was taking power, but not enough to power the call, so it slowly died. Sheesh.

Thanks community, issue resolved, if not still a little weird.