Phone just up and Died no reason. Anyone else have this?

w7psk

Reaction score
was listening to a station via tune-in Radio and had droid plugged into the laptop on charge/power.

Phone suddenly dies and the green light by the speaker at the top of the screen is BRIGHT Green.

Pulled battery and re-inserted and tried to start phone. Nothing.

Called Verizon and new phone coming (I hope its not a refurb).

Just curious if anyone else has had phone just up and quit like this.

Cest La Vie.

Reaction score
Yep. My headphone jack is practically dead (cuts out and plays through the phone speaker at random) and I dare not get my phone replaced for fear that the replacement will be worse than what I have. Better the devil you know...

OP
W

w7psk

Reaction score
Yep. My headphone jack is practically dead (cuts out and plays through the phone speaker at random) and I dare not get my phone replaced for fear that the replacement will be worse than what I have. Better the devil you know...

Well I have no choice. This one is totally dead.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I dont think that the CLNR's are inherently bad... but I do believe that some sneak through that dont live up to the "LIKE NEW" part of CLNR.

I'm taking a chance on a 2nd CLNR which should arrive tomorrow.

warthawg

Reaction score
Try removing the battery and holding down the power button for at least 30 seconds. This will clear all power from the phones capacitors. Worth a shot.

OP
W

w7psk

Reaction score
Try removing the battery and holding down the power button for at least 30 seconds. This will clear all power from the phones capacitors. Worth a shot.

Nice idea, but alas nada. Totally dead. And if I plug power back in the light glows bright green again and no Charge message.

kevinkar

Reaction score
The other day I left the house with the X in my pocket. Got to the store and wanted to check something on the 'net and pulled the phone from my pocket only to find it totally off and dead. Power button did nothing, no other combination did anything and I had to do a battery pull which luckily fixed the issue. Still it was strange to have it shut down and become unresponsive for no reason at all. Different but similar to your issue.