I hope it's not a brick...

InfiniteAdam

Reaction score
Last night my phone ran out of battery while I was working on my computer. "No problem" I thought "I've got a usb cable right here. I'll just plug it in to the computer". Only when I did so, both my computer and droid 3 died. I think there was some kind of short that fried both my phone and the computer. Now the computer I know how to test and deal with everything, the mobo is still under warranty. The phone however is another issue.

With the battery in, when I plug it into a charger the white led comes on for a second, then shuts off. Without the battery it stays on. Without the batter it does not boot to the motorola screen. With the battery it does not boot to anything. I left if plugged in with the battery in over night, but still doesn't start. I think I may have bricked it. I hope google backed up new contacts cause otherwise I have no way to get a hold of my hot date on thursday.

I'm off to work and will check this when I get home. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Adam

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
maybe bricked, may not
is phone rooted/rom'd?
your trying to charge with a wall charger?
know anyone else with a droid 3, that you could borrow the battery?

it is possible the battery is so low that the software needed for charge mode can not even start
maybe able to jump start with a 5v 1000 ma (1amp) charger, stock is only 750ma or so.
if the doesn't work or can't find one, you need a different battery or a spare battery charger
link to spare battery charger in my list
sd_shadow's [Collection] of Links for: Droid 3 (XT862)

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk