Re: Did You Get or Give an Android for Christmas? Dec27

DougDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
android-santa.jpg

Greetings Droidforums Members! We are curious to hear from you guys on Android giftage. Did you receive or give the gift of an Android smartphone this Christmas? If so, which phone did you get/give? How do you/they like it? Did you make out like a bandit? Did you make someone's dream come true this Christmas? Any interesting holiday stories to tell? We wanna hear the juicy details.

Picture Source: AndroidCenter

by dgstorm

bjazz69

Reaction score
Got 2 Droid X for my teenage sons for christmas. Was the best gift I ever gave they haven't put them down since opening them up. Got a good deal buy one get one free.

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
Didn't give or get any Android devices. I did, however, root and theme my nephews DX. He is so thrilled now! That smile was worth it for me.

Beka27

Reaction score
There was no way we could wait til Christmas... We got our DXs as (very, very) early Christmas presents back in October... lol!

WishRyder

Reaction score
No new Android phones for me or anyone I know, but since my Logitech Revue technically runs Android 2.1, I did technically get an Android for Christmas.

Edmvr6

Reaction score
No new phones for me either.. waiting on those new 4G phones

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Getting the wife a DX tomorrow, its one of the many things she got this christmas. Tried to get it before the 25th but VZW wouldn't budge on the upgrade date...lol

From a D2.

ak68

Reaction score
G tablet

I bought myself a Viewsonic G Tablet. Very good hardware and good software once I added Vegan ROM.

badazz74

Reaction score
I got myself a droid x for christmas. I couldn't resist it was free after $100 debate. I love this phone my old droid got boring.

flatlander58

Reaction score
Sure did. Got a Droid X, my very first smart phone. Made me feel like a kid on Christmas day agin.

me4droid

Reaction score
Yes to both!

Got a D2G for me and an R2D2 for my son! It's been fun to compare them. Mostly so far it's the star wars stuff that's different. He has at least 10 extra notification sounds and around 20 more ringtones. Not sure on a comparison of the batteries since I haven't been able to play with them side-by-side yet.

SoDroid

Reaction score
Got a Captivate for da mama. Set it up with Launcher Pro and both versions of Angry Birds, she loves it! Currently on a family vacation in Italy, it takes GREAT photos!

Can't wait to get me dual core android phone as a late Christmas present to myself. :icon_ banana: