Razr Maxx vs. Raxr Maxx HD

cece5702

Reaction score
I have the Razr Maxx and is due an upgrade soon was wondering if there is much difference between the two or should I just wait for next best??

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
I like my Maxx HD. It has the same version of JB your current Maxx now has, but I feel this phone is a bit faster and smoother then my Maxx was. I liked my Maxx, but like the Maxx HD better. I like the circle widget that is stock on the HD series of phones. The screen is bigger, but I don't know that it makes much of a difference since your soft buttons are now part of the screen and not physical buttons. It has the NFC feature that the Maxx does not nor is capable of. You would just have to go play with one and see if you like it.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
I like my Maxx HD. It has the same version of JB your current Maxx now has, but I feel this phone is a bit faster and smoother then my Maxx was. I liked my Maxx, but like the Maxx HD better. I like the circle widget that is stock on the HD series of phones. The screen is bigger, but I don't know that it makes much of a difference since your soft buttons are now part of the screen and not physical buttons. It has the NFC feature that the Maxx does not nor is capable of. You would just have to go play with one and see if you like it.

Thank you. I was just wondering if its worth using my upgrade on or just waiting for something better. I will go to Verizon and play around on one to get the feel of it.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Got my daughter the HD Maxx. Its nice..

The question is... is it worth the $200 and another 2 yrs to you?
And possibly loosing unlimited data, if you got it like she did...

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Cece5702, going from the razr then to the razr maxx now the razr maxx HD. The razr maxx HD kick butt and then some. Holds a 4g signal all the time. Battery is insane. Can talk and surf without a glitch. But the X is coming in July (rumor). Faster processors and such is moot when the phone will run at 300 MHz 99% of the time. I'm totatally happy with my maxx HD for quite awhile.

"stroped" of my razr maxx, poo.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Cece5702, going from the razr then to the razr maxx now the razr maxx HD. The razr maxx HD kick butt and then some. Holds a 4g signal all the time. Battery is insane. Can talk and surf without a glitch. But the X is coming in July (rumor). Faster processors and such is moot when the phone will run at 300 MHz 99% of the time. I'm totatally happy with my maxx HD for quite awhile.

"stroped" of my razr maxx, poo.

Thanks for your input!

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I would wait until to get the moto x. Your og Max is good for another year. Yes the HD maxx bigger screen and has other bells and whistles but I can't justify getting it when knowing something better is coming out in a few months.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Cece5072, all bets are off on me liking my phone after the X comes out.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
If your a moto fan. July is the latest rumor.

If it's not HD it might as well be a newspaper.

SallyC

Reaction score
I can hardly wait for the X - or whatever will be the next big thing - to come out. Then maybe I can get a deal on the Maxx HD. Since I don't want to renew my contract (and lose my unlimited), I can't get one at a discounted price. And since the battery's not replaceable (at least by me), I don't want to get one used.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
I can hardly wait for the X - or whatever will be the next big thing - to come out. Then maybe I can get a deal on the Maxx HD. Since I don't want to renew my contract (and lose my unlimited), I can't get one at a discounted price. And since the battery's not replaceable (at least by me), I don't want to get one used.

How are you going to get a Maxx HD without losing ur unlimited plan? .

recDNA

Reaction score
I paid full price for the phone to keep my data plan.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

SallyC

Reaction score
How are you going to get a Maxx HD without losing ur unlimited plan? .

Just buy the phone without going through Verizon's subsidized plan (New every two). Once I buy it, I believe I can just put the sim card from my Razr into it and it will work. I'm not sure about that part - I'll have to ask Costco or whomever I buy it from how that works. But as long as I don't get a new contract, I should be able to keep my unlimited.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I'd like to see the older phones go down in price. The HD new is still 649. When the X drops it'll stay 649. I got a month old HD MAXX for 450.

If it's not HD it might as well be a newspaper.