Razr Maxx vrs razr maxx hd speaker quality

jimshea

Reaction score
Hi
I am thinking of upgrading from my razr maxx to the razr maxx hd. My biggest reason is the speaker voice quality when using google maps. I don't listen to music through the external speaker in the phone. just an occasional you tube vid here and there. But on (my) razr maxx (maybe not others) the speaker voice when
using google maps in my opinion is a complete useless pos. Its distorted,and ruins the voice turn by turn aspect of google maps.
I've done every sound and equalizer setting modification to it and have downloaded different voice apps and volume +. and it still useless in google maps text.
the pictures i've seen of the new maxx hd look like the speaker hole in the back is different. So I was wondering if anyone here who has purchsed the new maxx hd finds that the speaker voice quality is good when using google maps turn by turn sound. Again I am asking in reference to voice readout in google maps not music or things like that.
Thanks a lot for any opinions !

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The HD is deff louder and more clear in my opinion than other phones. I had an OG RAZR before my HD and I did notice a louder speaker.