RAZR MAXX screen protector needed?

engineboy

Reaction score
I recently traded out my old D1 and got the MAXX. LOVE the phone, huge step up thats for sure. I hear that it has a special screen that is supposed to be resistant to scratches and such and Im actually thinking about not getting a protector.

I had a ZAGG invisishield on my D1 and it has been great, but I dont feel the need to drop 20 bucks if I dont need to.

What are the opinions......shield protect or not needed? :biggrin:

drassald

Reaction score
I recently traded out my old D1 and got the MAXX. LOVE the phone, huge step up thats for sure. I hear that it has a special screen that is supposed to be resistant to scratches and such and Im actually thinking about not getting a protector.

I had a ZAGG invisishield on my D1 and it has been great, but I dont feel the need to drop 20 bucks if I dont need to.

What are the opinions......shield protect or not needed? :biggrin:

I recently took my case and screen protector off. I prefer the phone with no screen protector and have absolutely no fears of scratching.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

robert70

Reaction score
While it has the gorrila glass in it, I personally cover and protect all my phones, but then again I'm really rough with them too, some go the life time of the unit never having any damage at all,, other are replacing phones every few months, it all comes down to you, are you going to always treat it like its a new born baby? Or are you one of those ppl that like to throw a hand grenade into a box of fireworks? Me personally I like blowing **** up! Anywho you have to think about how you are with it, but I think gots always sound advice to protect them

Sent from the three lefts make a right frame of mind

OP
E

engineboy

Reaction score
Im an auto tech, so it stays on the tool box all day...not getting used. BUT, I live in the desert so the climate isnt that great for a phone. Hmmmm...

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
One of those tread lightly questions. You'll get two different answers.
1. I NEVER use a screen protector. It just doesn't feel right.
2. I always use a screen protector. I paid too much to get a scratch on the screen.

I fit in the #2 category, but I have to live with this phone for the next two years, so I' protecting it.

cece5702

Reaction score
One of those tread lightly questions. You'll get two different answers.
1. I NEVER use a screen protector. It just doesn't feel right.
2. I always use a screen protector. I paid too much to get a scratch on the screen.

I fit in the #2 category, but I have to live with this phone for the next two years, so I' protecting it.

I agree with you!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I've had PDA's and then smart phones for years. They've all had cases and screen protectors. All have been dropped, one phone from 20ft up
which exploded into pieces, even the SD card popped out. After putting it back together it was perfect. Never had a scratched or broken screen.
If you get the clear ones not the anti-glare you can't go wrong.

Gunny Rob

Reaction score
Did you remove the otterbox screen protector from the frame or did you put the Zagg on in addition to the otterbox protector?
I use invisisheild

Mr.Colwell's Razr Maxx covered with an otterbox defender with an invisisheild screen protector! ®™

Reaction score
I've had PDA's and then smart phones for years. They've all had cases and screen protectors. All have been dropped, one phone from 20ft up
which exploded into pieces, even the SD card popped out. After putting it back together it was perfect. Never had a scratched or broken screen.
If you get the clear ones not the anti-glare you can't go wrong.
On the other side of the coin, I'm getting the matte, anti-glare anti-fingerprint screen protector primarily for those qualities. I also have an Asus Transformer tablet and find that having that kind on really helps. Of course you sacrifice definition and intensity because of it.

felix87

Reaction score
Trust me you definitely want to use it. I ordered an otterbox for mine the day after I bought the phone, well the otterbox didnt arrive until a week after I got the phone and I managed to put a scratch on it because my earrings scratched it when i made a phone call. Not as scratch resistant as you think.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Trust me you definitely want to use it. I ordered an otterbox for mine the day after I bought the phone, well the otterbox didnt arrive until a week after I got the phone and I managed to put a scratch on it because my earrings scratched it when i made a phone call. Not as scratch resistant as you think.

Yes a screen protector, just not the included one.

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
On the other side of the coin, I'm getting the matte, anti-glare anti-fingerprint screen protector primarily for those qualities. I also have an Asus Transformer tablet and find that having that kind on really helps. Of course you sacrifice definition and intensity because of it.

Just ordered the full bestskinsever protection for my Prime.

Meltman

Reaction score
I got the maxx and the first thing I did was add a zagg protector and I'm happy with it. But I'm also anal about scratches and drops so I Like the added protection.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I have always used the envisishield protectors and I never even know it is on. I always ask them to put it on at the Verizon store bc there always to be someone there that is an expert at petting them on and do a much better job than I do. They come in a package of three but I have never had to use the second or third one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums