Best Screen Protector?

bignels

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I'm currently in the market for a new screen protector. I've been using Zagg's InvisiShield. Though it provides great protection versus scratches, it doesn't bring out the best from the Droid X's screen; it looks very dark (due to anti-glare feature) and the micro-bubbles from installation doesn't help. I've installed many protectors over my time but I can't seem to get this one to fit without small air bubbles.

I'm looking for a happy medium between protection and best clear, non-stick surface for my screen protector. Also, it must cover the whole screen, and not part of it, as some of the protectors seem to do (go visit amazon and read some of the comments left on various screen protectors).

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance! dancedroid

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I suggest not using one at all. I haven't had a screen protector on since I got my D1 last year in February and my screen is still in immaculate condition. It funtions perfect and looks great. Besides, gorilla glass is very tough stuff. Even when I tried to scratch my screen intentionally (yep, I tried), it wouldn't scratch. IMO you really don't need one....

Sent from my Droid using my Droid

jchildress

Reaction score
When I bought my X, I got an invisishield for it. I purchased it at best buy and the tech there installed it immaculately. Now, since then the protector got a scratch and it bugged me so much I pulled it off.. then I bought a otterbox defender, which has a built in protector, and I haven't worried about the zagg replacement..

Droid X, rooted, Liberty RoM 1.0

dAi

Reaction score
the best screen protector has been the one included in the commuter series because it looks and feels like it is not there, bubble free, and take it from somebody who is not a fan of screen protectors since the last try of the invisible shielddancedroid

mobilechrisd

Reaction score
I use the one sold by Verizon in packs of three.

I am still on the first one after two months (no signs of needing to change) and am pleased with the product.

I have traditionally used Zaggs but my last set on the Droid 1 soured me to them because they kept coming off.

Chris

Janet1025

Reaction score

I am still on the first one after two months (no signs of needing to change) and am pleased with the product.

I have traditionally used Zaggs but my last set on the Droid 1 soured me to them because they kept coming off.

Chris

You mean no BUBBLES whatsoever? not even a small one?? LOL...
Ive had it with trying to apply these protectors to perfection(spending hours), only to have a bubble 2 days later! :icon_eek:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My first one lasted 8 months before I replaced it...0 bubbles but I put on about 10-15 a day at Big Red :)
Janet, did you get my messages????

Chris

You mean no BUBBLES whatsoever? not even a small one?? LOL...
Ive had it with trying to apply these protectors to perfection(spending hours), only to have a bubble 2 days later! :icon_eek:

DroidForums Junkie!!

hoppermi

Reaction score
Run the shower to steam up the bathroom. This will remove the dust from the air. Then apply to perfectly clean screen. Profit!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Gomboman

Reaction score
the best screen protector has been the one included in the commuter series because it looks and feels like it is not there, bubble free, and take it from somebody who is not a fan of screen protectors since the last try of the invisible shielddancedroid

I also like the screen protector that was included with my Commuter. I would like to buy a replacement since mine is getting a little old.

Does anyone know what what type of screen protector Otterbox includes with the Commuter? I heard it was the Steinheil ULTRA CRYSTAL but would like to confirm this.