razr maxx poor battery life -> only 2700mah even after getting 2 OEM replacements!

wallymann

Reaction score
my razr maxx was FANTASTIC when i first got it. would last a couple days. i use battery monitor widget pro and i recall the measured MAH of the battery actually being slightly higher than the factory rating (rated 3200mah, but i was seeing like +3300mah). but after maybe a year it started declining...it stayed down around 2700mah so i installed an OEM replacement battery and it was only getting like 2800mah right out of the gate, then dropped down to 2700mah basically right away.

i figured the replacement batt was defective so i phoned the guy i bought the battery from to get a replacement. he said the battery tested OK and told me a story about some circuit in the phone that "goes bad" and wont let a razr maxx battery charge fully and needs to be replaced, he could replace it but would need to send the phone in. the story sounded like a fairytale to get me off the phone; i was not keen to ship my phone off to get "fixed" so i just lived with it.

after 6 more months of crappy battery life i bought yet another OEM replacement battery and just installed it....and i'm getting the exact same crappy battery life...2700mah!!! so now i'm starting to believe this guy.

i have my phone fully optimized...my phone is rooted and i use greenify + titanium-backup + es-task-manager to minimize all extraneous/unnecessary processess from chewing up CPU cycles. i also use battery-monitor-widget-pro and battery-drain-analyzer to really monitory what consumes battery. the problem appears to be mah much lower than advertised, leading to the short battery life. unfortunately, i cant tell if it's defective batteries or defective charging circuit or something else.

does anyone have info about either:
a) a chronic problem with OEM batteries not achieving their rated mah?
b) some mysterious charging circuit that "wears out" that prevents the OEM batteries from getting fully charged?
c) anything else that might be causing poor mah ratings and poor battery life?

i cant get a full day of use out of the phone if i use it much. this sucks.

DamianD

Reaction score
I'm interested in this too as I was thinking to replace my battery late this year ...