Razr Maxx Newbie Question - Rooting

gudziel1482

Reaction score
I just got my new Maxx last night. I my old phone was a Droid X which I immediately learned to Root and theme and had done so up until yesterday. I also rooted my gf's too, and am preparred to do the same if should I decide to go that direction. I have no problems learning the appropriate programs and steps to rooting and loading ROMs/Themes. But I do have one question prior to making that decision.

Other than the fact that I can theme and ROM it, remove bloat and possibly increase battery life (which so far has not been an issue for obvious increased battery life with the Maxx); what are the other main benefits to rooting the Razr?

The main reason I had done so with my Droid X was due to the consistant chewing away at my battery life. But for being at 80% after running SiriusXM all morning and configuring it all day, I don't know other advantages. I don't plan on tethering my phone.

Can I just get some other benefits to this already amazing device?

TYIA

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Full rom backup via clockwork recovery. That's the main reason for me to root.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Titanium Backup. Being able to back up all my apps plus their data, and be able to move that from phone to phone, saves me a ton of time.