Upgraded today: Rooted T-Bolt to MAXX (should I root?)

P7M8

Reaction score
I mainly rooted my T-Bolt to get better battery life and for the hotspot. I really don't like having to keep up with the latest ROMS. If the MAXX's battery is what they say it is I won't have an issue. Only real loss now would be the hotspot.

Am I missing any other benefits? I think I'm over customizing everything on my phone. I just want a seamless OS that works.

droidian1441

Reaction score
You wont have to root for Hotspot if you download "FoxFi" from the Google Play Store.

If ya like custom roms yeah time to root. If you like Motoblur you wont have to root unless ya want to.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
P

P7M8

Reaction score
Thanks for the guidance. I'll play with Motoblur for a while and see how it is.

Caesars

Reaction score
I also considered rooting maxx but when I was reminded Ics will allow me to freeze Verizon crap ware I decided to wait ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I also considered rooting maxx but when I was reminded Ics will allow me to freeze Verizon crap ware I decided to wait ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
The version of the leaked ICS I tried would allow you to disable "SOME" of the Verizon blootware, but not all of it. I was not able to disable most of the Verizon bloatware. We don't know what disabling capability the official ICS release will give us.