Razr Maxx HD keeps rebooting

Gluffster

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking at buying a Maxx HD from a friend to replace the Razr Maxx I've been using for about a year and a half. He's wanting to get rid of it because it keeps rebooting at random on him. I've been messing around with it for a few days, and it will work just fine for sometimes a couple of hours or sometimes just a few minutes, but inevitably it reboots. I'm by no means an expert with phone repair, but I've tried everything I can think of with this phone. I've used RSD Lite to flash the original stock image onto the phone, and it seems to work longest after one of these; however, after an hour or two, it's back to rebooting at random. I then used Matt Groff's Razr HD utility to completely restore it, root it, unlock the bootloader, flash TWRP recovery, and flash the CM 10.2 nightly from yesterday and the latest update of the 4.3 GApps, but it still keeps rebooting on me. Any idea what might be causing this? And if it isn't faulty hardware, any idea what I might be able to do to fix it? I would really appreciate any help. Thanks!

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
you pretty much covered all the bases, only other thing i could suggest is, take the sd card out and try it for a while.
probably wont fix it, but worth a try.