RAZR MAXX Bluebooth Audio not working with Lexus RX350

atomarchio

Reaction score
Just purchased Droid Razr MAXX on Verizon. I can't get the Bluetooth Audio working with my 2011 Lexus RX350.

It works fine though with Bluetooth hands free for talking. Any idea on what I could be missing here or is the Bluetooth Audio not supported with my car?

Please let me know. Thanks.

nhra1ss

Reaction score
I work for a Toyota dealer and I know that some radios you have to set up the radio for both handsfree and audio. Just connecting bluetooth will not automatically set you up for audio also. Not near a manual right now, but it should be in the section on how to setup bluetooth.

Sent from my rooted D2 using Cyan Xparent DF app

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Just purchased Droid Razr MAXX on Verizon. I can't get the Bluetooth Audio working with my 2011 Lexus RX350.

It works fine though with Bluetooth hands free for talking. Any idea on what I could be missing here or is the Bluetooth Audio not supported with my car?

Please let me know. Thanks.

If you have A2DP Bluetooth capabilities in your car radio then it should work fine. You will need to be sure the box for media is checked in the configuration screen for the car in your Bluetooth setup screen on the phone (menu, Wireless and Bluetooth, Bluetooth settings, press and hold the car Bluetooth adapter listed, choose options from the pop-up menu).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
A

atomarchio

Reaction score
I checked my settings and media was already selected. I read the manual and have performed the pairing and connections work fine.

I am not sure how to troubleshoot this any further. Any suggestions?

If you have A2DP Bluetooth capabilities in your car radio then it should work fine. You will need to be sure the box for media is checked in the configuration screen for the car in your Bluetooth setup screen on the phone (menu, Wireless and Bluetooth, Bluetooth settings, press and hold the car Bluetooth adapter listed, choose options from the pop-up menu).

nhra1ss

Reaction score
With or without NAV?

Sent from my rooted D2 using Cyan Xparent DF app

nhra1ss

Reaction score
Sorry got busy at work. I looked into the manual and did you go thru the steps starting on page 401 of the NAV manual ( Setup section ). Looks like pairing audio player is seperate from bluetooth handsfree ( I think ). I remember having a Camry in the last week or so that gave me the option when pairing if I wanted to pair cell or cell and audio.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
With Navigation included

Hmmm... And your car radio head does claim to be able to do Bluetooth Stereo? I don't know. Bluetooth is so simple, the phone to the car and there's not much else to it.

morcguy

Reaction score
It took 3 attempts to get my MAXX to pair with my 2011 Sienna.

morcguy

Reaction score
I made a few more attempts and was able to get phone and Toyota paired. Now I just leave the Bluetooth on all the time. It shows as using about 5% battery. I love the battery on this phone!