What about the MAXX enables USB audio?

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
First of all, I want to thank anyone who has helped me along the way with my DROID RAZR MAXX. As of last week, I've moved on to the Galaxy Note 4.

One thing I miss about my MAXX is the ability to playback audio via USB when plugging my phone into the motorola car dock. After replacing the battery to something larger, my MAXX no longer fit into the Motorola car dock so I purchased an iBolt car dock, which basically supposedly did the same thing. I don't recall if the audio did work or not, but I know for a fact that for some reason, it did not charge. My Galaxy Note 4 DOES charge with the iBolt, however, I cannot seem to stream my audio through USB to my car's speakers. I would rather hardwire it, than use the Bluetooth device I have, which isn't very good quality at all.

That said, is there a known plugin that the MAXX has for this functionality that I could somehow possibly transfer over to my Galaxy Note 4, maybe via Titanium Backup Pro?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Joshkorn, congratulations on the new phone. That Note 4 is a beast of a phone, great camera and I'm sure you're gonna love it.

The functionality you mention isn't a plugin feature but instead a feature of Android. It's just that some manufacturers for whatever reason are more compatible with standards than others. This may or may not resolve itself in future updates.