HDMI Audio Problems

MightyT01

Reaction score
I am completely stumped. Here's my situation. I can hook up my Droid Bionic to both my HDTVs via my micro HDMI to regular HDMI output and get video and audio no problem through both TV's. I typically use mirror mode.

However, whenever I hook up my Razr Maxx and my wife's Razr Maxx the exact same way and use mirror mode I get video on the HDTVs but no audio. The audio just comes through the phone's speaker. What are the odds for two Razr Maxxes?

Both TV's are set for HD audio output. They both work great with the Bionic.

What the hell am I missing on these Razr Maxxes!!?? Is there some unique setting to enable HDMI audio?

mleber

Reaction score
I have connected my maxx to my TV with HDMI and watch netflix with no problems, no audio issues at all...nothing but mirror mode.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
MightyT01

MightyT01

Reaction score
I have connected my maxx to my TV with HDMI and watch netflix with no problems, no audio issues at all...nothing but mirror mode.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

That's the ***** of it. Cables, video, and audio work flawlessly on my Bionic but not TWO Razr Maxxes? I have no problems with the Razrs when I hook them up to my Lapdock 100. This is enough to drive you crazy. :mad:

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seems i had the same audio my first connection. I think I just rebooted while connected and sound came back.

----posted maxx'ed out----

OP
MightyT01

MightyT01

Reaction score
Seems i had the same audio my first connection. I think I just rebooted while connected and sound came back.

----posted maxx'ed out----

Yeah, tried that already for both phones. Hate to do this but I'll stop by my vzw store and try one of their cables. Unfortunately I'm all too familiar with how finicky HDMI and cables can be. :(

I'll post results.

Tapped from my Droid Razr Maxx

OP
MightyT01

MightyT01

Reaction score
I was able to swipe my boss' unused verizon micro HDMI to HDMI cable he has for his Droid X. Tried it and same result. Works flawlessly with the Bionic but again no audio on the Razr Maxx. Furthermore, the phone screen on the Bionic via the two HDTVs looked great. The phone screen of my Razr Maxx was garbage. It was blurry and not crisp at all and still no HDMI audio.

I went ahead and bought this as a possible alternative:

Amazon.com: HDMI to VGA and Audio Converter ( Support 1080P, Input HDMI, Video Output: VGA, Audio Output: 3.5 mm-outs ): Electronics

I still may get the Razr Maxx HDMI Docking station. Cause it's only money, right? ;)

Still love my Razr Maxx but this p*sses me off. :mad: Bionic definitely wins in this category for me. But at least the Maxx works great on my Lapdock 100.

OP
MightyT01

MightyT01

Reaction score
Well, not that anyone cares but I got the HDMI to analog VGA/Audio convertor and it works great! Works perfectly with my Bionic and its HD Dock w/USB and with my Razr Maxx! dancedroid It's even cheaper then Motorola's VGA Travel Adapter and can work with any HDMI device. Very nice little gadget. At least this solves my HDMI audio out problem with my Razr Maxx. Interestingly I used the same HDMI cables I used unsuccessfully before to plug into this device and it easily converted the HDMI audio to analog audio out. Go figure? Must be something with both my HDTVs. Guess they don't like my Razr Maxx? :frown:

rrmetal

Reaction score
Turn on audio on the HDMI device

I had the same problem. Connected the MAXX to an Asus HD monitor and got video but no audio.

Then, realized I had turned of the HDMI amonitor's audio when mixing some music

Fixed it and the sound works

FYI ... bought an off-the-shelf cable at Staples ...

I have an Asus laptop with Win 64

How to:

1. Right click on speaker icon on system tray

2. Select 'Playback Devices'

3. You should see your HDMI output device

4. Click on Configure ...

5. Click on 'Enable'

... run the tests to make sure you're live and you're good to go