HDMI output questions

duncan0553

Reaction score
I just downloaded Foxfi and will be trying it out this afternoon. Still have the old Droid X for another day before I get the new Maxx tomorrow. Thank you for the reply.

Websquad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 +
Droid 4: Got HDMI cable/adapter -- doesn't work

I don't really need the HDMI output (have Netflix and YouTube on my DVR), but thought it would be nice to have. So I bought the Fosmon HDMI to Micro HDMI cable (6 ft) for $2.95 from Amazon.com for my Droid 4.

When I first plugged it in, the Motorola logo started bouncing around on the screen, as if it were in screen saving mode. And that's all that happened. I tried YouTube and Netflix, and both gave me blank screens. Got video and audio on my Droid 4, but nothing on the TV except the Motorola logo. Thinking that I may have to have WiFi turned on (I usually leave it off), I turned it on, got a decent signal from my wireless router, and still nothing on the TV screen except the Motorola logo. The only HDMI setting in the Settings area was for over scan: it was set in the middle, so I left it there.

So, where did I go wrong? :angry:

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Websquad said:
I don't really need the HDMI output (have Netflix and YouTube on my DVR), but thought it would be nice to have. So I bought the Fosmon HDMI to Micro HDMI cable (6 ft) for $2.95 from Amazon.com for my Droid 4.

When I first plugged it in, the Motorola logo started bouncing around on the screen, as if it were in screen saving mode. And that's all that happened. I tried YouTube and Netflix, and both gave me blank screens. Got video and audio on my Droid 4, but nothing on the TV except the Motorola logo. Thinking that I may have to have WiFi turned on (I usually leave it off), I turned it on, got a decent signal from my wireless router, and still nothing on the TV screen except the Motorola logo. The only HDMI setting in the Settings area was for over scan: it was set in the middle, so I left it there.

So, where did I go wrong? :angry:

I always get a webtop notification asking which mode.. kinda like plugging into a PC and the notification ask what charging mode to use..

Try rebooting the phone

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

Reaction score
hdmi

Need help my port or cable is not working when i plug it in i know its reading it but nothing is asking me to use mirror mode or webtop