Hulu no HMDI output

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
On my Droid razr the HDMI output doesn't work. I get audio but the signal says "HDMI disconnected " when its clearly connected. Works fine with Netflix and all other programs. Oh and if you are a subscriber I Don't think you have to sit through commercials.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Hulu has it blocked. Just like HBO, and some other apps. It's up to the content provider if they want you to output it or not.

It's super lame, and what not, and (considering you have to PAY for Hulu Plus) stupid as hell. Though, I personally blame the studio's as I'm sure they're the reason why this crap goes on. Same reason why there are certain shows you HAVE TO WATCH on computer, and can't on the Hulu Plus apps. Again, completely stupid considering you're PAYING them for the Plus stuff.

Also, yeah, you get commercials. Some shows, and the movies don't have them, but they're still there.

OP
bacK_N_87

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Thanks I really appreciate that. Yeah very stupid.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Look in the MAXX forum, I just replied to a post where there is possibly a work around for HBO, may work on hulu too

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

OP
bacK_N_87

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Just tried it and it works like a charm. Thanks for the tip.

OP
bacK_N_87

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Definitely works non root. I'm probably not going to tinker with the razr.

Anarfea

Reaction score
i can't download the Xternal Ap. It gives me an error "missing shared library." It also appears that the developer's website doesn't exist anymore.