HDMI output to component RGB via converter.. Calling Droid4 Owners

stemcells

Reaction score
Easy question maybe a complicated answer... I know. FYI... There is no PC to work with, and there is no HDMI nor component capable AVR. However available AVR does have toslink digital audio input.

A friend is trying to output his Droid4 to Component TV. Possibly more complications from it being a non-HD set which has the RGB component cables (I don't believe this will be a problem but maybe? However even though the chipsets were always capable I've heard Droid has skipped any support for analog video output via hdmi or otherwise).

However where I foresee a potential problem is the new HDMI 1.4HDCP cable and output spec trying to pass through a converter box made with 1.2 or 1.3 compliance.
Has anyone streamed a DRoidX or Droid 4 to component TV? I do see some people have used these converter boxes for AppleTV but I'm not familiar if this means anything as I think Apple devices are for the sheep.

Here are the options I've found for moderate financial investment. aka He's not buying a +$200 "1.4 to component converter box" if they even exist I found none, he'll just buy a new TV next year.

OPTIONS... WILL THEY WORK ??

My Choice
Digital Audio & Component/VGA Video +RCA Audio output:
Newegg.com - Fosmon HDMI to Component video (YPbPr) / VGA & SPDIF Output Converter Box

Component and RCA Audio Output:
HDMI® to Component (YPbPr) & R/L Stereo Audio Converter
For only $36.00 each when QTY 50+ purchased - HDMI® to Component (YPbPr) & R/L Stereo Audio Converter | HDMI to Component (YPbPr) / VGA Converters

OR SKIP HDMI AND GO THROUGH USB? Losing Digital Audio Option
Amazon.com: iKross MHL micro-USB to VGA Display and Stereo Audio Adapter + 12FT VGA to 3 RCA Component Video Cable + Microfiber Pouch Case for HTC / Samsung Smartphone Connecting to TV & Monitor: Electronics
Will the last one work with droid4?

OP
S

stemcells

Reaction score
monoprice with their pricing and superior tech support will get my purchase as long as someone here doesn't think otherwise on the device itself. I read a review on the newegg item with digital audio and a guy said it didn't work on new devices after 1.2. I'd love for my buddy to have the digital audio option though.

edit tech support at monoprice informed it should work just fine even though they haven't tested it. Said the apple tv is 1.4 and people are using mono's converter just fine.