hmdi audio out to a projector

hitmanhearns

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking to buy a razr maxx and hook it up to my projector via hmdi/ problem is my projector does not have audio out/ my question is whether i can send video signal via hdmi but use the audio out from the phone?

Thanks

MightyT01

Reaction score
Just try plugging in your audio cable into the headphone jack and check your phone settings. Not sure if that will work. I've got the Motorola VGA adapter and audio definitely comes out of the headphone jack. If your projector accepts VGA get one of those. Mine was pretty cheap on Amazon.

Sent from my 32GB Nexus 7 using Tapatalk2.

Ed270

Reaction score
I might not be understanding your question correctly.But if you are trying to play content from your phone to your projector via hdmi. There is no need for an additional audio cable. I connect my razr to a tv with a cable that has full size hdmi on one end and a Micro hdmi for the phone. A projector maybe different but I have used that cable on an LG and Samsung tv

MightyT01

Reaction score
After reading your question more closely you will have no problem connecting to an HDMI projector with the Maxx. I connect my Maxx to my HDTV all the time. Just like the previous post just get a micro HDMI to HDMI cable. Audio automatically goes out via HDMI. Hopefully your projector has either speakers or audio outputs for speakers. The alternative is VGA output like I mentioned.

OP
H

hitmanhearns

Reaction score
The problem is the projector doesn't have audio out and is only 1w speaker. I know both audio and video will auto go via hdmi but is it possible to redirect audi via phone audio out jack? Motorola cust services have now confirmed it is possible but I would still like independent verification if poss.

MightyT01

Reaction score
Good News. Didn't want to leave you hanging. Just tried this on my Maxx. After plugging in my HDMI to micro HDMI cable to my HDTV and selecting Webtop mode there is an option in Settings -> Sound -> Audio routing to select between HDMI audio or Phone speaker. You can then plug external speakers to your headphone jack if you so choose.

This should work fine with your projector.

Gotta love the versatility of the Maxx.