Razr Maxx: Attn FoxKat or anyone else - battery question

ShaunPope

Reaction score
I picked up my new Droid Razr Maxx on Sunday afternoon and I made the mistake of using it right away prior to hooking it up to the charger. I probably ran it down to about 10-15% that night and charged it fully when I got home, without shutting it off however. Monday night I ran it down to about 20% and charged it fully again, also without shutting it off. I didn't do a complete charge with the phone shut off until last night (after I finally read these forums).

My question/concern is, have I potentially ruined the long lasting battery potential based on what I did the first 2 days of owning the phone?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Trash Can

Reaction score
I wouldn't be too concerned. This is what most people do. The good news is that you've become familiar with Professor FoxKat's chronicles and now know how to properly care for your battery. Follow his advice and all should be fine.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Nah. Battery life improves after a few days on a new phone.

Trash Can

Reaction score
tjk629 said:
Nah. Battery life improves after a few days on a new phone.

Not true. There is no 'break in' period for these batteries.

OP, see my answer in the support forum. And please do not ask the same questions in multiple forums. It can make the discussion difficult to follow.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
There was likely infinitesimal if any "permanent" reduction in the capacity of the battery due to the first two days use. From here on in, do the charge to 100% with power off, use to 15% and charge to 100% with power off again every 3 months or 40 charges or so, and you'll be fine. Don't forget to do this process once now too! Charge to 100% with power off, use to 15%, and charge to 100% with power off again BEFORE you use the phone if it's new. :D

P.S. Thanks TC for the shout out! ;)

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
merged a couple of threads here, but doesn't look too confusing ;)

OP
S

ShaunPope

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys. Apologies for the repeat post on the Maxx forum. Guess I just got a little panicked that I might've potentially turned my expensive purchase into a soon to be paper weight lol.