Droid Razr Maxx will not charge on any OEM charger

asrstech

Reaction score
Hi,

My maxx has been working flawlessly until 2 days ago. I plug in the phone at night after turning off the wifi, bluetooth, etc. Always fully charged by the am.
I noticed 2 days later the battery meter is saying needs charging and is amber. I connect the OEM wall charger and still says to connect to charger.

I tried the OEM car charger and same situation, will not recognize charge.

I turned the phone off and tried charging, but after 6 hrs, still no better.

Help, not much time left

Andrew

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Hi,

My maxx has been working flawlessly until 2 days ago. I plug in the phone at night after turning off the wifi, bluetooth, etc. Always fully charged by the am.
I noticed 2 days later the battery meter is saying needs charging and is amber. I connect the OEM wall charger and still says to connect to charger.

I tried the OEM car charger and same situation, will not recognize charge.

I turned the phone off and tried charging, but after 6 hrs, still no better.

Help, not much time left

Andrew
How discharged was the battery when you plugged the phone in a couple of nights ago? If the battery gets to low (below 10%) the phone goes into a shut down mode for the lack of a better term. When this happens you have to get a factory cable (not the usb cable that came with the phone) to get it going. Make sure you are using the stock wall charger, the phone is powered off and you are using the stock usb cable.

MasterGadgets

Reaction score
Yes, make sure you are using the USB cable that came with the phone. Many other brands [especially LG] will not work with your phone.

OP
A

asrstech

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's advice on this. I realized the USB cord was my friend's after we took a road trip and my cord was in the suitcase. No wonder I was able to charge the phone at work but not at home.

BTW, the phone was just short of turning off on its own at its lowest charge point.

Phone is fully charged and all is well again :icon_ banana: