Faintestidea said:
I love my otterbox. It could be a tad slimmer but for peace of mind it works

Glad to hear it my brother....:)

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
Bionic_Racer said:
I love my oem case that fits the moto extended battery. It even has a stand that comes out. The only problem is that the stand is sometimes a b**** to get out.

That's the one I finally stuck with! It works! :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

vector4

Reaction score
I will add my review of these 2 phones as I had a RAZR for 6mo and then dropped it from a moving vehicle and destroyed it. Used RAZR's are still going for $300+ so I picked up a barely used BIONIC for $150. Went and got the $25 extended battery. Since my RAZR was on ICS I really missed it so I put the .232 ROM on my BIONIC. I have been using it for about 5 days now but I think I can give a decent comparison still.

RAZR has a better looking screen for most situations. The sunlight thing is true, I do a lot of boating and I could NOT see my RAZR screen out on the water. I had to go in the cabin and shield it to use it. The BIONIC is very visible in the sunlight and that is a plus. But still the RAZR screen looks better for most situations which are indoors. The BIONIC screen is 100% usable though.

When I first got my RAZR after having a Droid X and plugged it in to my FM transmitter in my car I immediately noticed the sound output was not as good of quality. I tweaked the settings a lot and got it acceptable. The BIONIC is like the X and has much better sound output through the headphone jack. The BIONIC speaker on the phone is much better as well. The RAZR speaker would screech and I'd have to turn it down as it would hurt my ears from high treble it outputs.

My RAZR was always on the charger. I mean if there was an outlet or car plug anywhere near me I had it plugged in. If I went out at night and stayed away from home I was 100% guaranteed that it would be dead in the morning. Even with 4g turned off my RAZR would be dead by 1-2pm daily. The BIONIC with extended battery is incredible. I can leave it on 4g and use it all day and not even bother charging it once til night. Now I really really liked how slim the RAZR was so that made dealing with the small battery acceptable. But now that I don't have to worry about my phone being dead all day it actually makes the added bulk in my pocket worthwhile. I don't mind either tradeoff really.

The BIONIC stock seemed slow and sluggish but with 232 ICS it runs 100% equal to my RAZR did. Just as snappy and crisp.

I don't know if it was just my RAZR or if it was because I upgraded to ICS without doing a fresh wipe, but my RAZR radio was very sluggish. It would freeze on data all the time on WiFi or 4g/3g and I'd have to switch it to airplane mode and back to get it to run again. It also would hang loading webpages and then I'd have to refresh them multiple times to load them. Also 4g screws up my FM transmitter so I have to switch the phone back and forth from 4g/3g all the time. On the RAZR it would take 30 seconds to complete the switch and get data back.

ALL of these problems are gone on my BIONIC. It switches from 3g to 4g and back INSTANTLY and I have data connectivity immediately. My phone never drops data and the BIONIC loads webpages much faster than my RAZR. Now I know that could have just been my RAZR but for me the switch has been very pleasant.

So overall aside from the $150 it cost me to get a new phone I am not displeased with smashing my RAZR and ended up with a BIONIC at all. Now if I had no phone at all and was looking at the used market. I would say $100-150 for a BIONIC is a much better deal vs $300+ for a RAZR.

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
Hey Vector! Welcome to Droid Forums :)
I really liked your comparison review!
Makes me happy being a Bionic owner!

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome my good man! Loved the review. It made sense and gave me a more in depth view of each phone. Nice job!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Faintestidea

Reaction score
More proof that Bionic reigns supreme over most phones out there. Its the only phone you cant go wrong with

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
Faintestidea said:
More proof that Bionic reigns supreme over most phones out there. Its the only phone you cant go wrong with

Lol I agree! :-D

wheeler062505

Reaction score
Weaselboy134987 said:
Dido!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

As far as I'm concerned, the bionic is the end all be all of android phones right now. The only way they could top it is by making a bionic 2.

wheeler062505

Reaction score
brad92 said:
That'd be terrible... remember the Droid X2?

I'm sorry I don't remember the Droid x2. I'm just saying that I think my bionic is the first trouble free phone that I ever owned in a long time.

quadtronix

Reaction score
I would have to agree... the bionic is a beast! :)