Bionic to Razor petition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I doubt Moto does anything about this so you're probably wasting your time. The D2 and D2G are the perfect example. Do you think anybody got a free upgrade for that?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Every member of this site knew the Razr was on the way. Motorola HD anyone? Most of us are here to tweak our phones, get some help and read about leaks for months on end. Nothing is ever really confirmed until it goes on sale but we speculate to the point that the "next best thing" can't possibly live up to the hype. Heads up, Motorola is building something better than the Razr right now. In fact I hear that Samsung, HTC and LG are doing the same thing. Good hunting.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

+1. Shouldn't have been so impatient.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Yes,

You would think that with 9 months they could make it be the machine that controls all machines. And yet I guess that they had a better one out a month later.

Wait a second.
You're a lawyer with 20+ years experience and you fell for a catch phrase? A slogan?
Are you going to sue Coke because they call themselves "The Real Thing" and yet there is very little that isnt synthetic in that product?
Are you going to sue General Mills for Frosted Flakes. "They'rrrrrrrre Great!". They never told us they get soggy after 90 seconds in milk!

The reality is a slogan is just that, a marketing catch phrase. There is no promise in the slogan.
Everything Motorola stated the Bionic could do, it can. There is not a single unjust claim in their marketing of the Bionic. And I hate to tell you this, but neither Motorola nor Verizon are under any obligation to inform their customers of what products *might* be coming in the future.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I doubt Moto does anything about this so you're probably wasting your time. The D2 and D2G are the perfect example. Do you think anybody got a free upgrade for that?

d2 wasn't a top tier phone... the dx was and if they released the dx2 a few months later the same uprise would've happened

I'm happy w my purchase but I can understand where people are coming from w this

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
d2 wasn't a top tier phone... the dx was and if they released the dx2 a few months later the same uprise would've happened

I'm happy w my purchase but I can understand where people are coming from w this

How wasn't the D2 top tier? It had the same guts the DX had. Even had Froyo (first phone to ship with it I believe) when the DX had 2.1.

I would have thought they'd be equal.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Wow. Just, Wow.

If you always make technology purchase decisions based on your hope that nothing better will be introduced in the future, you will ALWAYS be disappointed. Always. 100% of the time.

I make my decisions based on the products that are now available, the specs that are on that product, and my needs at the time. Yes, I also weigh in any KNOWN products that have been announced - but beyond that is a world of risks and unknowns.

Make your decisions based on the facts available at the time and then be happy. It's no fun going through life as a remorse filled complainer looking for someone else to blame. It's no fun having to listen to them, either.

OP
Dejuanxg

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
You didn't listen to anything your read the it and you fail to see they knew they had a better product before they released the bionic then not nutmegs later released it but only Weeks.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
But what if you want the Nexus instead of the RAZR? For me, no ability to change the battery is a deal breaker.

This might work if you can prove you were forced to buy the Bionic. Also, if this is fraud on the part of Motorola, what about their next phone that's better than the RAZR. Did they tell you about that one?

tcayton49

Reaction score
Wait a second.
You're a lawyer with 20+ years experience and you fell for a catch phrase? A slogan?
Are you going to sue Coke because they call themselves "The Real Thing" and yet there is very little that isnt synthetic in that product?
Are you going to sue General Mills for Frosted Flakes. "They'rrrrrrrre Great!". They never told us they get soggy after 90 seconds in milk!

The reality is a slogan is just that, a marketing catch phrase. There is no promise in the slogan.
Everything Motorola stated the Bionic could do, it can. There is not a single unjust claim in their marketing of the Bionic. And I hate to tell you this, but neither Motorola nor Verizon are under any obligation to inform their customers of what products *might* be coming in the future.

This argument makes too much sense. You must be a troll. Mr "attorney" will put you on ignore soon.

swikk

Reaction score
You didn't listen to anything your read the it and you fail to see they knew they had a better product before they released the bionic then not nutmegs later released it but only Weeks.

Hmm.

Most people who did research knew, at least intellectually, that bigger and better things were on the horizon.

I mean we're marching towards the holiday season.

Yeah, they develop devices concurrently.

Yes, they release a better device five weeks after the former.

Uh-huh, that's well out of the grace period and you're stuck.

Its business. Plain and simple.

I'm sure their will be things I wish were different with my next phone.

I'm sure these things will be in a device that gets released shortly after.

I'm not even sure why I'm bothering writing this.

But...

This is a case of an impatient person suffering from buyers remorse.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

SANhacker

Reaction score
This is all very interesting.
I'm still considering the Bionic if they sort out the connectivity issues.
RAZR = No removable Battery
Galaxy Nexus = No removable SD Card

Leaning toward the Nexus (ICS) but the Bionic is still in the race.
WTF, isn't there a Vigor/Rezound right around the corner as well ?

Quad cores in 2012.... Octo cores in 2013. There will always be something faster on the horizon.

At some point I will put a stake in the ground and move on. It's just a phone.

y0manda

Reaction score
This is all very interesting.
I'm still considering the Bionic if they sort out the connectivity issues.
RAZR = No removable Battery
Galaxy Nexus = No removable SD Card

Leaning toward the Nexus (ICS) but the Bionic is still in the race.
WTF, isn't there a Vigor/Rezound right around the corner as well ?

Quad cores in 2012.... Octo cores in 2013. There will always be something faster on the horizon.

At some point I will put a stake in the ground and move on. It's just a phone.

Where did you get your source that the nexus does not have an SD slot?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Everyone has known for months and months that these phones were going to be released this fall. When you bought the Bionic you knew the Razr/HD and the Nexus were coming. You could have waited but YOU decided to not wait. That was YOUR decision. Motoroal/Verizon offered a product at a price and never suggested to you that there would not be a different model (notice I didn't say better?) coming out soon. You are suffering buyers remorse and you want it to be someone's fault other than yours. Sorry, but they owe you nothing.

I think everyone had better get real used to this happening. Android development is moving faster and faster. New phones and new OS version releases are going to keep accelerating - get used to it. Now, quit whining and if it is driving you nuts, sell the Bionic and buy the Razr. But do it with your money. Stop trying to do it with Motorola or Verizon's money.

Status
Not open for further replies.