Random reboots?

GandalfTehGray

Reaction score
I just started getting long reboots myself, i went from Apex back to stock rooted, wiped data and cache and installed liberty and threw on one theme. Id really rather not have to start over again setting up everything, but seems like ill be doing that unless yall have another suggestion

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
Yes, I do get random reboots. Seems to occur most when plugging into my computer.

BoLTroid

Reaction score
Make that 3 of us that's getting the long reboots, with no response from the power button, home button...hell any button.

I had to do a hard battery pull to get it to respond back and start back up.

I came from Rubix 1.9.5, cleared data, cleared cache, cleared dalvik, and installed Mysterious Beast theme through the Liberty Toolbox. All no problems there.

Until my GPS started being very flaky, and inconsistent with my location, unless I shut down, and then restart my phone.

And now the long random reboots...I dunno what's going on here. But I did check all my apps are NOT on my SD card....

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
I moved from GJ 2.5 and get random reboots... usually only once or twice a day and mostly in system apps, while dialing or typing but sometimes just on the home screen trying to open an app. It's not unbearable but I didn't get them with GJ 2.5. and no I didn't wipe or do factory reset and I won't cus it's a PITA so for now I'll live with them until maybe the next version of Liberty.

Sandso9

Reaction score
Rooted my x2 with gingerbreak and now im getting random reboots anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it.

Sent from my DROID X2

Hybrid_Droid

Reaction score
I've had mine since the 20th and it has rebooted itself 4 times already (not rooted by the way). Could these occurrences be the phone?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

kookk

Reaction score
Rooted and never had a reboot. If it continues id try to get a replacement

HEMLOCK

Reaction score
Ive had mine since the 19th & have not had a single reboot. Im not sure why people are having this problem. Wish i could help more!

Sandso9

Reaction score
Its been good so far now I got the phone yesterday and its rebooted 4 times since I rooted but hasn't acted up in awhile.

Sent from my DROID X2

Nitroglycerine33

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I had a similar issue and I did a factory reset and all was well

Hybrid_Droid

Reaction score
Perhaps i'll do a factory reset as well.

zwolf4444

Reaction score
So many reboots. And freezes requiring a battery pull. I'm returning mine. Far too many issues. And the screen. Hopefully HTC or Samsung will come out with a decent dual core for VZW. Until then, its back to the Droid 2 for me.

xan

Reaction score
So nice of VRZ/Google/moto to keep the original DX 'random reboot feature' in their second version of the phone.

Some one please remind me why we are paying them each month for being beta testers again?

hendricksfan01

Reaction score
Good afternoon. My wife and I have had the same issue after 1 hour of having the x2. First i had to explain to tech support why and how to fix sd card problem. But they were clueless about rebooting. Told me to do a factory reboot. I said ok but wouldnt that put me right back to the same position (activated with no market apps). i learned along time ago let your phone breath a couple days before cramming a lot of junk in it.

Well i dir and the random rebootings continued. 10 times for my wife yesterday, and 12 for me. Most were just shut off's. Well here we are today and not one reboot. I think i fixed the problem. How, i have no clue. I rooted with gingerbreak. Froze bloat apps with titanium back up. And gave it a back rub. Ok i didnt do the back rub but it has not reset nothing.

I started clicking away at cam, cam corder. Music, just opening apps like crazy the thing blazed right through. Its a beast now.

Oh yeah my wifes rebooted 6 times. She will have to pay me for my genius.

For those who dont want to root. I understand but, its easy and next to retard proof. I mean i did it.

zwolf4444

Reaction score
I'm rooted. I froze all the bloatware apps. Still get the random reboots.