quick random reboots

sruel3216

Reaction score
is anyone experiencing quick random reboots? my phone will reboot but go straight to the boot animation and be done real fast. anyone know what is causing this? im using jrummys overclock app if that helps. i originally thoiught it was my LCD density but still got them at 240 level

HuffPCair

Reaction score
I have this problem were it randomly restarts. I figured it was just some kind of glitch and never really cared cause it has never done when I was using it.

OP
S

sruel3216

Reaction score
I am using rubix 1.6. But it has happened on fission also

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

oo3

Reaction score
From what I understand, 2.2 is known for random rebooting so it's not the ROM. Moto has also acknowledged the rebooting issue.

OP
S

sruel3216

Reaction score
hmm thats annoying. hopefully there is a fix soon. it seems like they have gotten worse lately so its getting to bother me

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's correct. Its strange that its mainly the X experiencing the issue though...

From what I understand, 2.2 is known for random rebooting so it's not the ROM. Moto has also acknowledged the rebooting issue.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

Inkarnit

Reaction score
It's not even a full reboot from what I've seen. For instance, I have an overclock script I run sometimes which clears upon reboot. When it gets this kind of a reboot, it doesn't clear the overclock. It's very odd but I've only seen it happen at max once every other day and it only seems to be while overclocking. I have been running the phone at 1 GHz just undervolted and it doesn't do it at all. Even when it did it, it was no big deal though. It was so rare and so quick that it didn't bother me.

sephtin

Reaction score
is anyone experiencing quick random reboots? my phone will reboot but go straight to the boot animation and be done real fast. anyone know what is causing this? im using jrummys overclock app if that helps. i originally thoiught it was my LCD density but still got them at 240 level

Changing LCD Density is one sure way to make the issue way way worse. If you have the LCD Density setting at anything other than 240 on Focused or Fission ROMs, this could be part of the problem, and you'll experience far less reboots with it set to stock (240)...

OP
S

sruel3216

Reaction score
yea its not a big deal when im not really using my phone.. but when im using it to tether a football game, and my raiders are bout to score, and then the connections goes out due to a reboot, that sucks! i usually get them from the unlock screen. so i downloaded the no lock app and that seems to help so far. i dont use a password on my phone so this works for me. i also heard it could be from a task killer, so i changed the free memory from 100 in jrummys overclock app to 50. seems to be helping also. we will see tho...

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Did you adjust your Vsel at all? The X has issues with soft reboots on 2.2, doesn't matter what build it is, which leads me to believe its something in the kernel (Moto's fault) hopefully when they roll out the new update it will include a better kernel. Time will tell. I had the same issue happen to me on Focused 1.0 randomly, Since Ive been on 1.6 it hasn't happened, then again I'm running stock volt/clock atm.

OP
S

sruel3216

Reaction score
Did you adjust your Vsel at all? The X has issues with soft reboots on 2.2, doesn't matter what build it is, which leads me to believe its something in the kernel (Moto's fault) hopefully when they roll out the new update it will include a better kernel. Time will tell. I had the same issue happen to me on Focused 1.0 randomly, Since Ive been on 1.6 it hasn't happened, then again I'm running stock volt/clock atm.

Vsel? not sure what that is so im going to say no haha. yea hopefully this gets fixed sometime soon along with HDMI. then i will have a perfect rom

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I get the same thing. I'm just running rubiX Blurry. But I got them when I was stock using just the 928Droid BGX Theme. So I figured it was that still. No OC right now on mine and it usually does it when I slide the lock. Lock will get stuck and boot to boot animation.

OP
S

sruel3216

Reaction score
Yeah mines almost always from lick screen. I disabled the lock and haven't had one yet. Knock on wood

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

michael123

Reaction score
im having this issue as well, but with me it reboots when im on a call. I hope Moto fixes this issue fast, its really unprofessional to be on the phone with your boss and all of the sudded reboot.

My setup:

Rooted
Rubix 1.6
no theme/no lcd dens mods/no blackmod