MrDonBonJovi

Reaction score
Is anyone else getting random reboots?

These are the steps I followed...

1. Wipe data/cache
2. Install liberty
3. Boot
4. Install Market Apps
5. Restore some apps with TiBu (APP ONLY, NO DATA)

I am not overclocked with SetCPU or Droid X Overclock.

So far I've gotten 2 reboots, they may have been soft boots but the screen was off listening to music and the 2 logos are very close that I couldn't tell...

1. Screen off, listening to stream furious
2. Screen off, listening to double twist

If anyone has any insight that would be great. I'm not bashing the ROM as its probably the smoothest for the DX I've seen yet. I want to be using it, but if I keep getting reboots several times a day it won't work for me.

I appreciate any help.

zwade01

Reaction score
My old DX did that whenever I listened to music no matter what rom, what fixes or troubleshooting tips I tried. I told vzw about all the reboots and got a new one overnighted to me for free. Not sure how long you've had your x or if this is the only rom so far that this has happened, but mine was definitely phone related because it even happened pre-root.

OP
M

MrDonBonJovi

Reaction score
I have had reboot issues on other ROMs and I have not had reboot issues. Fission and Apex did not cause me to reboot.
I'll report back if that happens during normal use or over night.

gizmo99360

Reaction score
I've been getting random reboots too. Talking on phone...even just sitting on the table with the screen off. Not overclocked...barely have anything on the phone. No reboots with gummyjar...jrummy's...or rubix

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

MrKleen

Reaction score
You guys certainly shouldn't be having these issues. Just do a factory reset which will install the rom clean and it should resolve your reboots.

For those that don't yet know this, a factory reset has nothing to do with stock, it simply loads fresh whatever rom you are running at the moment. This is very useful when you just load a new rom and are having random issues.

OP
M

MrDonBonJovi

Reaction score
You guys certainly shouldn't be having these issues. Just do a factory reset which will install the rom clean and it should resolve your reboots.

For those that don't yet know this, a factory reset has nothing to do with stock, it simply loads fresh whatever rom you are running at the moment. This is very useful when you just load a new rom and are having random issues.

How would that be any different than my fresh install?

gizmo99360

Reaction score
I'll give it a shot...maybe just a hiccup during install...never had any issues with roms before. Thanks for the suggestion

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

MrKleen

Reaction score
You are having problems with your install and this usually resolves it. I have had the same problem several times before myself with other roms and this has always taken care of it.

Have you ever installed a rom and it runs perfectly yet there are others that seem to have issue after issue and yet they installed it the same as you? Usually they just restore back to another rom and blame the rom when it just needed a simple fix.

The Factory reset I meant was the one in you settings under "privacy" Factory Data Reset" It's a real factory reset... and again simply refreshes the rom you are running.

Last edited:

Inkarnit

Reaction score
I haven't had a single reboot since updating to .340 when that became available. Not on RubiX 1.9.5 nor now on Liberty. Zero reboots.

anrichardson

Reaction score
The random reboot I THOUGHT I had, was because i forgot about the theme i was downloading/installing. Since it was a slow download, I was doing other things on my phone, and it reboot, but it's most likely cause you are downloading something from Toolbox. Maybe they could do a download notification before installing.

OP
M

MrDonBonJovi

Reaction score
I tried to do the factory reset and it gave me an error in the bootloader screen. Should I SBF back to. 340?
Trying the factory reset again...

OP
M

MrDonBonJovi

Reaction score
I tried to do the factory reset and it gave me an error in the bootloader screen. Should I SBF back to. 340?
Trying the factory reset again...

Err.. you shouldn't ever see the bootloader screen when doing a factory reset...?

So I guess my next question is... what does that mean? Followed by what should I do?

When upgrading from .15 to .340, I did the steps to update to .320 then the individual packages from MyDroidWorld.