random reboots at unlocking screen (rooted)

John Z

Reaction score
doesnt bother me that much but every now and then i go to unlock my phone and it will just restart on its own. only root style programs i have are wifi tether, titanium backup n i think thats it, i did freeze a bit of the crap that came with the phone but most of it was crap like madden, cardock n stock 3g hotspot program... it was rooted with z4root 1.3 any ideas?

OP
J

John Z

Reaction score
i didnt think id have to fix permissions, im running stock rom, 2.2.1 i have a feeling its just the root(ive unrooted and rerooted after the 2.2.1 update) i dont wanna stay unrooted cause of some of the programs i use are for root only(tethering to my psp)

en28so

Reaction score
I run DarkSlide V4.2 with no reboots or anything like that. It's better to run a custom rom than to freeze apps, or worse, delete apps that are part of the stock rom in my opinion.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
J

John Z

Reaction score
Im worried about attemptng to run a custom rom since I don't know much about doing it... I prob shouldn't even be rooted:) but I just unfroze everything so ill see if it does any random reboots.

OP
J

John Z

Reaction score
well, after restoring all the frozen programs phone went back to normal. so i tried just freezing the stock music player cause that drives me nuts and it started to do the random reboots again. sucks that i cant freeze it. i have problems with it that when i have another music player going it will start automatically some times when i use my wireless headphone controls.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im worried about attemptng to run a custom rom since I don't know much about doing it... I prob shouldn't even be rooted:) but I just unfroze everything so ill see if it does any random reboots.

Try moving any apps that are saved to your SD card back over to phone. Give that a shot for a day. Assuming you have apps moved to SD :)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\