Updated to GB with Z4 still installed

brandon890

Reaction score
Hello,
Well I had my phone rooted before GB with Z4root. Everything was fine and I could use my wifi tether.

Then came along GB.. Once it was installed, My wifi tether did not work anymore and it gave me an error asking if my phone was rooted, which im guessing means its not rooted anymore? but superuser is still installed on my phone. Im just so confused??

I can still open up Z4root, and it gives me the option to un-root, but it just crashes everytime in the middle of it. So I have no clue if my phone is rooted or not anymore.

I also tried the new gingerbreak, but it never finishes, just freezes up on the first step of rooting the phone.

All I need is wifi tether, I had it fine on my phone before GB, and its the reson I bought the Ipad2 wifi only and not with 3g, so Im just really upset right now that I cant get it to work..

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help,
Thanks!

Brandon

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
The OTA update is unrootable. You lost root. You need to sbf back to Froyo and stay there (uninstall or freeze some system apps so it can't update), or install the .595 leak which doesn't have tethering detection. Some people have gotten wifi tether to work on GB and some haven't. The only surefire way is with Froyo

sent from my ZombieStomped X

OP
B

brandon890

Reaction score
are there other posts on how to do that? cause im not sure how