R.I.P. GNex

buckfill

Reaction score
It was a great run, but it's going back tomorrow. It's the best phone I've ever owned, but battery life was the death of it for me. I'm saving all my chips for the Moto Maxx. I can't believe Samsung/Verizon/Google botched this one so bad. AND... DON'T give me the 4g argument. I've never even enabled the stupid radio. I take this phone off the charger around 730am and it's at 55% by noon. That's WITH the extended battery and no 4g. Pathetic. I'm a Bill Gates/Android IT guy and I'm sticking to my stupid iPhone that i can take off the charger at 730am.....talk....email....text...web and STILL have 73% at 500PM. It's crazy. YES.... android is cooler with everything it can do. But, at the end of the day, I can still talk on my iPhone without charging it. I'm very disappointed that Googs didn't get it right this time. This is like Chevrolet introducing the Corvette with a 2 gallon gas tank. Pathetic.... Waste of money.... Let's hope Moto got it right with the Maxx. Signing off on the Gnex. OUT!!!

shanimal92

Reaction score
You rooted?

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1326520575608.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1326520575608.png
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,005
  • uploadfromtaptalk1326520583642.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1326520583642.png
    84.9 KB · Views: 980
  • uploadfromtaptalk1326520589757.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1326520589757.png
    59 KB · Views: 940
Reaction score
It was a great run, but it's going back tomorrow. It's the best phone I've ever owned, but battery life was the death of it for me. I'm saving all my chips for the Moto Maxx. I can't believe Samsung/Verizon/Google botched this one so bad. AND... DON'T give me the 4g argument. I've never even enabled the stupid radio. I take this phone off the charger around 730am and it's at 55% by noon. That's WITH the extended battery and no 4g. Pathetic. I'm a Bill Gates/Android IT guy and I'm sticking to my stupid iPhone that i can take off the charger at 730am.....talk....email....text...web and STILL have 73% at 500PM. It's crazy. YES.... android is cooler with everything it can do. But, at the end of the day, I can still talk on my iPhone without charging it. I'm very disappointed that Googs didn't get it right this time. This is like Chevrolet introducing the Corvette with a 2 gallon gas tank. Pathetic.... Waste of money.... Let's hope Moto got it right with the Maxx. Signing off on the Gnex. OUT!!!

lmfao@corvette with a 2 gallon gas tank..that was hilarious..and is it that bad on battery..thats ridiculous..i cant wait to get my hands on my GNex..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not rooting a Gnex would be like running low octane in that 2 gallon tank ...

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

catfisher

Reaction score

Haha agreed. Like the screen is just constantly on.

I love this phone...especially getting over 24 hours of standard phone use AND regular use of the screen lock button...little known secret...it turns the screen off when not in use and conserves battery at the same time! I know!

Good luck, enjoy whatever phone you get.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sad to hear it.. I'm getting amazing battery life. I left with my friends at around 5with 61% left, it's now 1:13 and I have.. 17% left. You can check my battery life on the setCPU thread for proof of my great battery. :) The Razr isn't a bad phone, but I could never go from ICS to Gingerbread ever. It's just gross now lol. And I even liked it on the Droid 3 when I had it.

Big Ry

Reaction score
This is me at the lab all day using my GNex here and there for TXT/email and internet browsing while I go poo

a6f82181-3b9f-3a82.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I get a max of 20 to 22 hours on 1 charge with medium use. Smart action helps alot

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Droid592

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1326532520774.png

Don't know what was up with your Nexus but this is what I get.

Sent from my Unlocked & Rooted G Nexus

GeLopez

Reaction score
Obviously its been proven that he had a bad battery on his phone. And its proven he is not coming back to this thread to find that out. Lol good luck with the next phone.