Had my Gnex for 5 days and....

speedyroo

Reaction score
I love it! I am reading all these people having issues with theirs and I haven't had any of the issues people have been talking about. I'm surprised even. When I went to buy my phone I went ahead and got the extended battery because my friend had the bionic and had to wait awhile before she could get hers because she didn't think she'd need one. I've been using my Gnex with the extended (I never bothered with the regular battery) and it lasts me 10+hrs. I haven't changed any settings on it at all. I take it off the charger about 9am and it doesn't go on the charger until 11 or 12 at night. I usually try to use it til it dies at night to try to condition the battery. Maybe I'm not a heavy user, but it's lasting me fine. I am an OG droid owner and am used to conserving battery on that thing - which I never had the extended for. Keyboard and everything works great. A little bit of a learning curve on figuring out how to copy paste and stuff like that, but figuring it out. I haven't tried the face unlock.

My ONE complaint is the camera - it's so quick when you try to take a pic it doesnt get the chance to focus and just shoots so it ends up blurry. I like that its fast but it's TOO fast....

MrKleen

Reaction score
That is awesome! Hope you continue to enjoy and soon you will be used to it and a pro!

Then comes unlocked bootloader and root and all that stuff and you will be hooked forever... lol

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
When using the camera, tap the screen on the point where you want focus. Then when the square turns green take the shot. That should help!

JFMFT

Reaction score
When using the camera, tap the screen on the point where you want focus. Then when the square turns green take the shot. That should help!

QFT. I do this, and it helps, a lot. I also had good results in poor lighting last night with the panoramic shot. We were at a bar for an X-mas party and I had them flick on a few extra lights, but it was still kinda dim, and I had a friend take a panoramic shot of all of us. It turned out great!

schellbl

Reaction score
I'm loving my GNEX too and I have the extended battery. I get about 13-14 hours of life out of my battery. I don't consider myself a heavy user though.
One question about the camera,,,,is there anyway to turn of the shutter sound?

OP
S

speedyroo

Reaction score

Awesome! I'll have to try this. I tend to take pictures of lots of moving objects (animals) and I kept getting blurry pics.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Awesome! I'll have to try this. I tend to take pictures of lots of moving objects (animals) and I kept getting blurry pics.

Also, it seems that if consecutive shots are around the same distance you can just keep firing the shutter without having to tap the screen each time.

Caligula2008

Reaction score
Same here. The phone is amazing and I've had no complaints. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

nbucko

Reaction score
One question about the camera,,,,is there anyway to turn of the shutter sound?

I'm looking for this answer as well. I would imagine either that option will be added later in an OTA or a ROM if you choose to go that route. Right now I don't believe so.