Qwerty+Global > 4.3+Dual+LTE+8MP

sc98007

Reaction score
Alas I may have to go with Droid global after all :-(

The fact is that qwerty and global sim are essential for me, bigger screen, speed and processing are desirable (highly desirable I should say). And essentials always win over desirables.

Who else thinks this way ?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are pinning the D2G over the Bionic then I disagree - but if overseas functionality is a deal breaker for you then what other choice do you have -

creaky

Reaction score
Actually, the LTE phones *are* global. The LTE SIM card is backwards compatible with GSM bands and LTE will also be the global standard in the future. This was actually stated by the VZW brass during the Q&A on the Bionic at CES.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^Thats good to know.

In a perfect world essentials should always win over wants.

In most cases ppl dont think that way. Look at ppl who are willing to switch carriers for a phone. It should always be carrier first, phone 2nd.

Like I moved near my job recently (December) and Verizon's coverage isnt that good there. I was looking at AT&T and Sprint to see which was better. (some ppl at work have the other 3 carriers and T Mobile was bad too)

After thinking about it for the past month, factor in AT&T doesnt have unlimited plans anymore, that leaves Sprint. I do admit I'm a Motorola fan cuz their phones have given me better reception than another company's. Even with the Atrix, AT&T is out the question for me. Looks like I will probably stay with Verizon and look into a network extender for my apt. Outside if ok, but in my apt its bad. I am on the bottom floor tho, like a basement apt. Even with that I got 2 Samsung phones that wouldnt work that good a few years ago in the same area and I lived above ground then.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually, the LTE phones *are* global. The LTE SIM card is backwards compatible with GSM bands and LTE will also be the global standard in the future.

I didn't know this either - :)

OP
S

sc98007

Reaction score
Actually, the LTE phones *are* global. The LTE SIM card is backwards compatible with GSM bands and LTE will also be the global standard in the future. This was actually stated by the VZW brass during the Q&A on the Bionic at CES.

Interesting. So this site is wrong for stating that it does NOT have global roaming in its specs : http://www.phonearena.com/news/LG-O...D-BIONIC-vs-Atrix-4G-specs-comparison_id15748

The equation now changes to whether:
Qwerty > 4.3+Dual+LTE+8MP ?

And I love my droid 2 physical keyboard! It provides me a satisfying feedback to my fingers when I type, plus I gain TONS of screen real estate by not using digital keyboard! Something like 50% more, or equivalent to almost a 6 inch screen when typing!

When it comes to productivity maybe Qwerty < 4.3+Dual+LTE+8MP...+1GB RAM and/or +laptop docking

But in the absence of either of those two I am still on the fence. Although I have a strong hunch that laptop docking will be offered in near future (although maybe not enough RAM for that?)

But considering that I need a global phone before my trip in April to Europe, I will willy-nilly have to go with Droid global, since while Q2 may technicaly be at beginning of April, I bet pigs will fly first before Verizon delivers a phone the first day of its promised quorter!