Quick Question about upgrades.

Coots

Reaction score
I've got several upgrades stock piled from my 5 line account... one of my buddies is wanting to upgrade. I don't care to let him use one of them.

So if I order the phone online, they send the phone to me, he just takes it in and gets it activated on his account?

He is wanting to upgrade to a Android based phone. Don't know if that matters or not. Also, can he activate it online to his account, or will we have to go to the store.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you order it on your line, im almost positive it has to be activated on that line first for the ESN to be free.

just call when u get the new phone, activate it temp., then reactivate the other phone and give him the new one..

everstar80

Reaction score
if you order it on your line, im almost positive it has to be activated on that line first for the ESN to be free.

just call when u get the new phone, activate it temp., then reactivate the other phone and give him the new one..

That's great and clever advice. I wanted to ask is, that if the specs and looks of the new superphone are true, i want it, but don't want to pay retail so i know that I will need to add a line. But i want to keep the phone number i have now so how would I do that? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Dustin.

Reaction score
Here's how it would go down in your situation..

1. Call/Go into a store pick and pay for the phone he wants.
2. They will activate it on YOUR line! (Don't worry)
3. Afterwords call into Customer Support and have YOUR phone activated. (That way the new phone's ESN can be used again)
4. Have him call in and have it activated on HIS line.

That's it.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

That's great and clever advice. I wanted to ask is, that if the specs and looks of the new superphone are true, i want it, but don't want to pay retail so i know that I will need to add a line. But i want to keep the phone number i have now so how would I do that? Thanks in advance for any advice.

lol the specs on VZWs site are correct and so so are the pics lol theres nothing deceiving here