Quick fix for the loose battery door.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
mine is perfectly fine but a buddys was soo loose he could actually shake the phone in his hand to make it fall off.

so the solution i did was i took his battery out then cut a buisness card to fit under the battery causing it to slightly raise the battery up and push up on the cover.

now his battery cover is really snug and actually takes a decent amount of effort to get off.

i was going to post pics but i think this is simple enough for people to figure out.

hope this helps those complaining about the loose/easy to get off door.

OP
garrett

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Oh God its the Storm all over again!

yeah i realized that.... but the buisness card under the storm was to fix the crapass suretouch screen..

i dont have this issue with my droid but i have noticed several so this should help them.

msullivan

Reaction score
Thanks.

This worked perfect. This was my one hangup with my new Droid and your fix worked like a charm. Thanks.

lmapp

Reaction score
I don't think it has to be a 'bad' battery cover for it to happen. If you carry the phone in your front pocket and walk around a lot, the rubberized cover is gripped by your pocket fabric and it just kind of pulls it off.

Short of a slick metal or plastic battery cover, the card might be the solution.

rtlimo

Reaction score
Had the same exact issue in the middle of Speedway on Sat. Pulled it out of my pocket and the cover went flying!

travelmeister

Reaction score
battery covers are out of stock - alternate fix

I just bought a droid in December and noticed right away that the battery cover kept falling off. Lost it at a baskeball game this weekend, and Verizon is out of stock. As an alternate solution, I cut out a square of plastic screen protector and stuck it over the area. Since it is recessed, there's no force on the plastic when you take it in and out of your pocket. It completely solves the problem.

J

Johnly

I just bought a droid in December and noticed right away that the battery cover kept falling off. Lost it at a baskeball game this weekend, and Verizon is out of stock. As an alternate solution, I cut out a square of plastic screen protector and stuck it over the area. Since it is recessed, there's no force on the plastic when you take it in and out of your pocket. It completely solves the problem.
Go to Motorola support, they have plenty. Contact customer support and they will hook you up gladly.

travelmeister

Reaction score
Motorola customer service

Thanks. Here is the phone number for Motorola customer service: 866-289-6686.
They are sending me a new battery cover by FedEx for free.

messenger13

Reaction score
I ordered THREE at verizonwireless.com for FREE. They came today via FedEx. Did I mention they wuz FREE?!?! :rockon:

BartJJ

Reaction score
there is a easy fix on youtube of people taking off the battery cover and taking something and slightly bending up the silver piece that holds your sd card in place (i mean SLIGHTLY) and by doing this it makes it grab better (if you look the slot it holds onto is on this just bend it up there its in the center & thats how it locks on in the first place) ;) sure if you look you can find the video pretty easily

vearix

Reaction score
[video=youtube;pJ-Kua5Lunk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ-Kua5Lunk[/video]
Tried it myself and the cover now fits on perfectly. I actually have to put some muscle into it to get it to open :p

samuraki

Reaction score
quick and easy fix. works perfectly

I just used a pair of pliers to bend each of the four prongs down so that when you slide it on it hold tighter. Mine clicked very tightly into place and now works perfectly. I just used some needle nose pliers and and squeezed very slowly until i noticed a slight movement on each of the prongs. fixed in 10 seconds.

Vascular1

Reaction score
Better battery cover fix

There is a thin , soft piece of plastic glued to the inside of the cover. It is supposed to create a little tension to help hold the cover on by pulling a bit on the four hooks. I solved my loose cover problem by taping a small piece of paper over that plastic piece, thus making it a little thicker and creating a bit more tension on the hooks. A post-it note folded in four works great.

Now the cover slides off only if I really try and never spontaneously!

pierced_droid

Reaction score
hehehehehehehehe

mine is perfectly fine but a buddys was soo loose he could actually shake the phone in his hand to make it fall off.

so the solution i did was i took his battery out then cut a buisness card to fit under the battery causing it to slightly raise the battery up and push up on the cover.

now his battery cover is really snug and actually takes a decent amount of effort to get off.

i was going to post pics but i think this is simple enough for people to figure out.

hope this helps those complaining about the loose/easy to get off door.

It's like the pack of matches under the leg of a table LOL:icon_ banana: hehehehehehehehe