How to really fix the loose battery door...

blue rocket

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.grafixpressions.com
I havent seen this posted before, this is MY method to fix a somewhat loose battery door.

DO NOT use pliers...i've seen others use pliers to lessen the gap on the hinges by squeezing the tabs closer to the battery door cover, you scratch the heck out of your door...not good.

Here's what i recommend:

Lay your battery door on a very hard surface (basement floor) but make sure to put something under it so it doesn't get scratched (i used a shoe box cover).

Gently tap on the top of each of the hinges/tabs a bunch of times with a hammer putting more pressure towards the ends of the tabs, lessening the gap from the tabs to the battery door. You do not have to really bang it hard....just take your time and keep testing the fitment.

See illustration below (used a pic on found online - just added the captions)

door.jpg

This will make the door have a much tighter contact area and eliminated all of the play i had on my door.

good luck! :reddroid:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
great tip.

however, i have seen some people with horrible control, so this probably wouldn't be the best option for some considering it involves a hammer, or some other heavy object.

Thanks for showing us another method to making the battery door fit better.

joshclovis

Reaction score
This is the best battery fix. The business card behind the battery works ok, but this is just perfect. Thanks!!!!

tcassio

Reaction score
Why not just order the free battery door replacement available from Verizon!!!

J

Johnly

Why not just order the free battery door replacement available from Verizon!!!
You can also have Motorola send a one time replacement door to your house free of charge. I did that, and now have a perfect door. I used needle nosed pliers on my old door (covered the ends with a think tape) and that worked OK, but one area showed a little distortion in the plane, so not acceptable to me. In fact, little nuances like that SUCK!