Fix creaking or loose battery door

Devo_

Reaction score
I noticed that the battery door on my nexus seemed to creak and move when pressed on right below the camera. Here's an easy fix I've used in other devices: line the back of the battery door with painters tape. Simple as that :) hope this helps a few of you guys!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sounds like a good and easy fix. Guess I'm lucky enough to not have the same problem

hondaguy520

Reaction score
I noticed that the battery door on my nexus seemed to creak and move when pressed on right below the camera. Here's an easy fix I've used in other devices: line the back of the battery door with painters tape. Simple as that :) hope this helps a few of you guys!

I was thinking of doing something similar if the problem got worse :)

bit2

Reaction score

I'm "glad" to hear that it was not me causing the problem with the back cover of my Galaxy Nexus. It was a bit difficult to take off the cover for the first time (when I was putting in the battery) and I was worried that I might damage it. Apparently the not perfectly fitting battery/back cover is a generic problem with this model. It's a shame considering how much the phone costs. :-(

Using painters tape will only fix the creaking, but the cover will still stand out half a mm (at least compared to the camera lens edge). What if I used a very thin double sided tape? Could it pull the cover in sufficiently so it would firmly sit in its place? :-o Of course this would mean that if I had to take off the cover for some reason later on (eg. to replace the SIM card), I would most probably have to replace the tape for a new one. Not a big problem if the double sided tape works at all (as I hope it might).