Quick Facebook Question....

jordabella

Reaction score
Hello...I am a new Droid user and have downloaded the Facebook app. The app to me works great accept for the fact that there is not an option to view your "Inbox" for new messages or even to reply to a message. Is there a work around or is there something I am not doing.

Thanks advance...

Lafond

Reaction score
I just use the mobile site. Way better than the stock android app. I just put a bookmark on one of my home screens for it.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I use the website as well, but there are apps (such as Bloo) which do Facebook much better than the stock one.

Fraxinus

Reaction score
There are some widely discussed shortcomings of the native FB app for Android - no integrated messaging being one of them. The consensus seems to be that it just hasn't had the chance to mature that (for example) the iPhone app has. I would agree with lafond - use the mobile site for now and be patient as the native app improves. I've heard a few folks talk about running an upgrade from the market though I haven't done this myself. I understand it adds a few more features but nothing to really propel it past the mobile site. Seems to me the app is bound to improve in a relatively short amount of time.
Incidentally, while it doesn't seem to work that well (laggy) I actually get notifications in my shade for FB when I leave the mobile site logged in on my browser - kind of a surprising, cool feature though maybe not super useful.

ergalthema

Reaction score
Subscribing - hoping to hear of a good FB app.

I can't tell with the Android FB app if it views the Live or News feed. I really wish FB would just ditch the News Feed completely, but it looks like that is the only option with the mobile site?

And I had a lot of difficulty figuring out how to upload pics from the Droid to where I want in FB, and publish them the way I want. In fact, I never quite got it to do what I wanted.

Fraxinus

Reaction score
And I had a lot of difficulty figuring out how to upload pics from the Droid to where I want in FB, and publish them the way I want. In fact, I never quite got it to do what I wanted.

ergalthema - this may be something you want to use the FB application for. Open the app --> Photos --> create new or open album --> Menu --> upload photo --> select a photo from your phone --> add a caption (if you want) --> hit upload.

ergalthema

Reaction score
Thanks.

The problem I was having was trying to post a pic to my wall with a status update.

However, I did have problems generally understanding where the pic actually goes when I "share" it with the Droid using FB (Mobile album [which I never want to use], posted/published on wall/news feeds, etc.).

Fraxinus

Reaction score
Thanks.

The problem I was having was trying to post a pic to my wall with a status update.

However, I did have problems generally understanding where the pic actually goes when I "share" it with the Droid using FB (Mobile album [which I never want to use], posted/published on wall/news feeds, etc.).

Ahh, I understand; I don't personally use that functionality so I didn't notice. That's a great question though, maybe someone else can weigh in. I don't see an option for that on the mobile site either. One thing I will say is that I occasionally use the full site from my Droid. When I need to modify account settings or any activity that isn't offered in full capacity on the mobile site I find that the Droid actually does a great job of rendering the full site. It can be a little awkward to click the right links, etc. but it works ok for me. I would guess that would be a time consuming, kludgy way to post a photo to your wall, but you could try.

JayMonster

Reaction score
Thanks.

If you go into the Facebook App> Photos

You should have a folder called "Wall"

If you upload a picture to that folder, it will be posted on your wall.