Quick boot?

manningfan10

Reaction score
Am I the only one who has it checked to be on but never seen it work? It still takes 2 stone ages to turn on, better than my rooted OG DROID but I was really lookin forwrd to the speedy quick boot....

UNC

Reaction score
Doesn't work for me either.
Traded out devices, still no go. Do you have 4g coverage, because I don't.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

OP
manningfan10

manningfan10

Reaction score
No I don't have 4G where I am. Hopefully this will just be fixed in the next update or maybe there's something we r missing lol

UNC

Reaction score
Im almost certain it has something to do with not having LTE signal and the phone searching for it.

OP
manningfan10

manningfan10

Reaction score
why would this have anything to do with the quick boot?

UNC

Reaction score
Not sure why, but I'm pretty confident that's it.

sportadic22

Reaction score
it didnt do anything for me either on the first few times.. but this morning i rebooted..and it was sooooooooo damn quick.. made a lightning sound and then bamn main homepage.

UNC

Reaction score
it didnt do anything for me either on the first few times.. but this morning i rebooted..and it was sooooooooo damn quick.. made a lightning sound and then bamn main homepage.

Do you have 4g coverage?

Jacob9424

Reaction score
Am I the only one who has it checked to be on but never seen it work? It still takes 2 stone ages to turn on, better than my rooted OG DROID but I was really lookin forwrd to the speedy quick boot....

Hey, the quick boot should work regardless if you have 4g or 3g data connection. When you were trying it out did you click the "restart" or the actual "turn off" button? quick boot puts the phone into a sleep mode when it is shut down so it can be booted back up quickly, much like a sleeping windows 7 computer. If you were to press "shut down" it will then go to that sleep mode, but pressing "restart" will tell the phone to completely shut down and reboot like a windows 7 computer would do if you were to restart it rather than just closing the lid.

Reaction score

Not the only one. I had one decent reboot, and 2 that were super slow. It almost seemed to freeze up after the intro animation with the TBolt and sound effects, then went to the background screen, but blank. Eventually it came out of it, but it freaked me out. Not sure if this is a problem, a setting I have/don't have selected, something that needs to be updated, or what...

Im almost certain it has something to do with not having LTE signal and the phone searching for it.

I'm not in an LTE area either, but I don't see why that would have anything to do with it. My phone hasn't been searching for 4G at all since I've had it, from what I can tell.

Hey, the quick boot should work regardless if you have 4g or 3g data connection. When you were trying it out did you click the "restart" or the actual "turn off" button? quick boot puts the phone into a sleep mode when it is shut down so it can be booted back up quickly, much like a sleeping windows 7 computer. If you were to press "shut down" it will then go to that sleep mode, but pressing "restart" will tell the phone to completely shut down and reboot like a windows 7 computer would do if you were to restart it rather than just closing the lid.

Thanks for the tip, I was unaware of that. Good to know! Also, selecting the restart option and rebooting drains a decent chunk of battery life, and after reading the above, I assume that selecting shut down instead and then bringing power back up would not take as much. But I'm also assuming that since its kind of like sleep mode that everything is still running in the background the whole time, while restarting will bring the system up fresh upon reboot.

OP
manningfan10

manningfan10

Reaction score
I have done it from restarting and it still doesn't work.....

Sent from my HTC THUNDERBOLT using Tapatalk

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Hah, I got quick boot to work. Restarting for me was slow even with quick boot enabled. I just shut off the phone (which I never do) and turned it on, in less than 5 seconds I was at my main screen. SO COOL. :D :icon_ banana:

UNC

Reaction score

Not the only one. I had one decent reboot, and 2 that were super slow. It almost seemed to freeze up after the intro animation with the TBolt and sound effects, then went to the background screen, but blank. Eventually it came out of it, but it freaked me out. Not sure if this is a problem, a setting I have/don't have selected, something that needs to be updated, or what...

I'm not in an LTE area either, but I don't see why that would have anything to do with it. My phone hasn't been searching for 4G at all since I've had it, from what I can tell.

Thanks for the tip, I was unaware of that. Good to know! Also, selecting the restart option and rebooting drains a decent chunk of battery life, and after reading the above, I assume that selecting shut down instead and then bringing power back up would not take as much. But I'm also assuming that since its kind of like sleep mode that everything is still running in the background the whole time, while restarting will bring the system up fresh upon reboot.

Ive been powering off not restarting, and no fast boot.... Got it checked in power options and app options. It worked when I was at the airport with 4g coverage...

sms160

Reaction score
Hah, I got quick boot to work. Restarting for me was slow even with quick boot enabled. I just shut off the phone (which I never do) and turned it on, in less than 5 seconds I was at my main screen. SO COOL. :D :icon_ banana:
This worked for me.