Quick boot?

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think I have figured out the fast boot issue. Maybe someone else can try to see if they get the same?

Ok this is what I have found (on my phone). I live about 10 miles outside of 4G and last night I was at a wedding that was in 4G, and my phone was fast booting fine all night at the wedding. My work has 4G as well and all day Friday it worked. Now this morning at home it's not working again (in 3G only area). I turned the wifi on to download some stuff and ended up rebooting for something and would you look at that "It fast booted with wifi on"!!!

So I have tried it a few times with wifi on and and it fast boots every time. For some reason the only time it's not fast booting when only connected to 3G.

OP
manningfan10

manningfan10

Reaction score
i wasnt on 4g just now and it worked but i was on wifi....maybe just no fast boot on 3g?

UNC

Reaction score
I think I have figured out the fast boot issue. Maybe someone else can try to see if they get the same?

Ok this is what I have found (on my phone). I live about 10 miles outside of 4G and last night I was at a wedding that was in 4G, and my phone was fast booting fine all night at the wedding. My work has 4G as well and all day Friday it worked. Now this morning at home it's not working again (in 3G only area). I turned the wifi on to download some stuff and ended up rebooting for something and would you look at that "It fast booted with wifi on"!!!

So I have tried it a few times with wifi on and and it fast boots every time. For some reason the only time it's not fast booting when only connected to 3G.

posted this earlier I shoulda linked it here...

I knew it was the radio... For whatever reason.

While I don't understand it, the TB WILL NOT fast boot when on a 3g connection. I did some searching and found another forum with this error being reported... The workaround is quite silly and shows that the fast boot is for some reason dependant on the radio you use...

In order to use fast boot without LTE coverage you must enable WiFi....

What a crazy bug.
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

OP
manningfan10

manningfan10

Reaction score
this must be it, cuz it worked for me on wifi but not on 3g with wifi off. It must need wifi or 3g