Questions I hope to get answered before the 15th

supahrob

Reaction score
Heya everyone!
I am currently a Droid owner, and I love the phone! But I am one of those guys who likes to have the latest and greatest. So much so that I am adding another line to our account in order to get the Droid X (I am gonna strip the extra line down to nuthin, about $10 a month and just skip the VCast that I was planning on subscribing to anyway). But I do have a few questions I am hoping to get answered, maybe someone here can help me.

I have a few programs I really like on my droid, and I am hoping they will work on the Droid X. For instance - Beautiful Widgets. Will that work?

I normally wouldn't worry - but all the reviews seem to use the stock blur widgets for everything, and never even mention the existence of alternatives, much less if/how well they function on the X.

Anyone know a way I could find out which programs will function on the X? I tried going to each website and it wasn't much help. I suspect there is no way of knowing until after the X comes out - but I figured I would ask anyway.

Take care,
Rob

bje1982

Reaction score
Heya everyone!
I am currently a Droid owner, and I love the phone! But I am one of those guys who likes to have the latest and greatest. So much so that I am adding another line to our account in order to get the Droid X (I am gonna strip the extra line down to nuthin, about $10 a month and just skip the VCast that I was planning on subscribing to anyway). But I do have a few questions I am hoping to get answered, maybe someone here can help me.

I have a few programs I really like on my droid, and I am hoping they will work on the Droid X. For instance - Beautiful Widgets. Will that work?

I normally wouldn't worry - but all the reviews seem to use the stock blur widgets for everything, and never even mention the existence of alternatives, much less if/how well they function on the X.

Anyone know a way I could find out which programs will function on the X? I tried going to each website and it wasn't much help. I suspect there is no way of knowing until after the X comes out - but I figured I would ask anyway.

Take care,
Rob

Im pretty sure all your apps will work and if not most.. Nothing to worry about unless its a rooted app then youll have to wait til thats rooted.

n0m0n

Reaction score
Heya everyone!

Take care,
Rob

ALL programs work on a DroidX that would on a Droid.
Same OS 2.1, and I can for a fact tell you that Beautiful Widgets is working.

As for launch alternatives, yes I have ADW up and running now.
Only problem I noticed is that the double click options that I had on my Droid aren't available because when you double click the home button Voice Commands runs, and Search Voice Search comes on.

The reason I say this is because I liked Power Strip as my double click app for the home option and QuickDesk for my Search long hold.

Neither work right at all for that matter.
There is no option to choose 3rd party custom options for them.