Questions for Droid X owners

Technoman

Reaction score
Depends. Do you reboot your phone daily?
The stock DroidX does have some memory/resource leaks if left running for extended periods. See
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...what-my-android-apps-doing-behind-scenes.html

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Funny, because I never just reboot my phone, and I don't exhibit any of those problems. Like I said, it could be a rouge APP, or something due to rooting and themes.

I am not rooted or themed. I even have animations turned off.

Resource leaks appear to be happening on background data sync.

A rogue app destabilizing the Android Operating System? Sounds like the OS better find a way to arrest the rogue app and recover "lost" resources. You know, maybe a little more like Windows 7, instead of like Windows 3.x :)

What is the max uptime on your phone?

Add your input here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-forum/123460-how-long-since-last-restart.html

Ok, I have input mine there.... but for sake of not searching it is over 246 hours.

Natey2

Reaction score
Ok, I have input mine there.... but for sake of not searching it is over 246 hours.

Sometimes the phone reboots but does not reset the uptime counter to zero.
With my kinda usage, I started noticing problems like lags, slow screen refreshes, etc. around the 300 hour mark.
The phone had major problems like could not multitask, tries to launch apps repeatedly, etc. after 400 hours.

matjmonk

Reaction score
Had my DX since mid-December, I love the display and it seems fairly stable even though I have a tendency to play around and I'm always trying some new ROM or other system hacks since that is fun. I quite often see 1X but I also live in the county next to BFE. However, when I'm on 3G, the speed seems to be really good as compared to my work BB and/or the BB Storm 1 that was my previous phone. I don't do a lot of calling but I think the phone has only dropped 1 or 2 calls, usually when going down in some deep valley on the way to/from work. Battery life is not as good as I would like, I usually watch some streaming videos while getting ready for work and it's nothing to drop almost 10% in 20 minutes or so. I also make heavy use of IHeartRadio while I'm at work and that doesn't impact the battery quite as badly but I also use it over WiFi which I understand takes less juice than 3G. I do have the extended battery and I've gotten the Droid Overclock app which I use to underclock and undervolt the DX. I can usually manage to get 10 to 12 hours of normal use (music, iheartradio, some web surfing) before I get down to 30%. There are also other tricks to help extend battery life if you search the various postings here. Overall the DX is a great phone.