Questions about some of the Battery Mode features

DoctorV

Reaction score
I have some questions about the battery saving options on the Bionic. If you go into the "Battery & data manager" and then select "Battery mode" there is an option called "Maximum batter saver". It says that this mode, "Stops syncing data after 15 minutes of inactivity during day and night.".

Does anyone know specifically know what it means by stops syncing data? Does that mean you can't receive phone calls? Or does it mean that you don't get Facebook or email updates?

Also in the "Custom battery saver" options there is an option to turn off data. Again will this prevent me from getting phone calls? And most importantly I have the Where's My Droid app installed and I want to be able to use the GPS tracking feature in case I lose my phone and want to make sure that either the "Stop syncing data" and the "turn off data" will not affect the ability to track my phone.

RichStevenson

Reaction score
It won't affect your phone calling, only data. But it would affect your tracking app. Anything that syncs is what it's referring to. So anything under My Accounts.

OP
DoctorV

DoctorV

Reaction score
Ah I see. Thank you for the info!