Question on clearing cache.

HayWire

Reaction score
When I clear the cache on the browser is it safe to also clear the data? Also, is there a way to clear memory or free it up (without a task killer)? I went into browser under settings and saw my cache was at 6.00mb, so I cleared it. How often do you guys clear yours?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

lterry913

Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge clearing data is ok...it will just erase any passwords etc you told the browser to remember.

OP
H

HayWire

Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge clearing data is ok...it will just erase any passwords etc you told the browser to remember.
thanks, that was what I was wondering. I dont have many passwords saved though.

OP
H

HayWire

Reaction score
While I'm at it, is there a guide to custom kernel installation somewhere and a good one for darkslide?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
There are no custom kernels for the DX. Locked bootloader doesn't allow the loading of kernels. It is being worked on though.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
H

HayWire

Reaction score
Oy. I thought I read someone had..it must have been in a different sub forum.what benefit do they provide?

Technoman

Reaction score
There are modified ROM's for the X. They mostly get rid of the bloatware, and modify the look and feel of your phone. There are claims of speed and battery improvements, but most of that can be traced to the removal of the bloatware.

OP
H

HayWire

Reaction score
I have a Tom on already, I was just wondering what the kernel does besides the speed in crease

Technoman

Reaction score
I have a Tom on already, I was just wondering what the kernel does besides the speed in crease

You can OC (over clock) or UC (under clock) your X since you are rooted.

A different kernel (in the case of a phone with an unlocked boot-loader) is a completely modified OS that is based on the Google release. There can be many things modified, including some that may not always react well.

Coming from the OG Droid, I played with several of them to attempt to increase performance of my phone. Some helped (although minor) and others had too many problems.

The Droid X runs so well as stock, you really don't need that performance boost.

OP
H

HayWire

Reaction score

You can OC (over clock) or UC (under clock) your X since you are rooted.

A different kernel (in the case of a phone with an unlocked boot-loader) is a completely modified OS that is based on the Google release. There can be many things modified, including some that may not always react well.

Coming from the OG Droid, I played with several of them to attempt to increase performance of my phone. Some helped (although minor) and others had too many problems.

The Droid X runs so well as stock, you really don't need that performance boost.
oh I see.I was just curious because I've been seeing people talk about them..